DJM T1 settings/tsi question

Default DJM T1 settings/tsi question

So after loading all the updated drivers and firmware, I'm having issues with the settings of my T1. A few things aren't working correctly, but are fixed with the updated settings TSI I downloaded from pioneer. Here is where the confusion comes in. After I load that TSI, I am losing all my other controller settings. I have ones in place for my CDJ 900's, a nanopad, a nano control, and a couple of other things too. Is there a way to "append" my controller list with the updated T1 TSI file rather than wiping out all my other ones?

Tech Guru

Are you loading the TSI from within Controller Manager or are you using the Import next to Setup Wizard?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Didn't realize there was an import for the controller manager. That solved the problem, but the root of my frustration still isn't fixed. When I am turning the effects knobs on the T1, it's changing the effects too (which isn't supposed to happen unless I do that with the shift button pushed at the same time). I ended up removing a mapping for my nanokontrol and that solved the problem. I guess it doesn't hurt, as I haven't used it in a while, but I'd sort of like to have kept it.
    The point of my getting this T1 was to free up my 800 from gigging, and move it into my studio for a static setup at home. This would in turn relieve me of needing to wire up my setup at home, and give me more time to actually mix. Creativity comes in bursts, and doesn't stay very long due to the life happening around me and years of really good gigs in the past.
    What I'm getting at is that I might use my nano control a little more since I'll have a static setup now, but not with that mapping being out of action. I prefer to have everything just work right out of the gate as opposed to needing to do ANY setup or loading.
    Has anyone else ran into midi mapping conflicts before?

Tech Guru

If that's the only conflict just go through your Nano's mapping and redo the problematic FX knob. Are your controllers all on separate MIDI channels?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

MIDI channel was the problem. Thanks for the help. Guess I'm gonna have to RTFM a bit with this one. Not used to the whole midi thing. Last time I set stuff up manually was with the nanopad and nanokontrol on TSP 1.2.5. lol.

What do you think of the new mapping compared to the older one? I switched back. The new mapping just didn't feel right for me.

How are you liking the mixer overall? Since I bought mine I've loved it. The EQ's are just buttery!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

I'm loving it, though there are detracting points to it as well... I'm coming off of close to 15 years of using pioneer 500/600/800's, so I'm definitely missing their effects. Especially the array that the 800 offered. Traktors effects don't sound as nice IMO. Also, I miss my rotaries. I've been using rotaries for well over 5 years now at home on my 800, and a DJM 3000 before that. Going back to faders is rough, but for hip hop with a DVS system, it's also going to be a blessing. Also looking forward to not needing extra kit (audio 8) out at a bar, even though it was technically one piece since it was pre-wired in my mixers flight case. A huge upside now is that I'll have that 1:1 control over Traktors effects. Like I said, most of them I don't find that good or practical, but there is a couple that I do like alot.