Need help with my next setup
    Tech Wizard

Default Need help with my next setup

I'm looking to upgrade my current setup which is a macbook pro and tractor s2 to CDJ's. I use traktor 2.6 and am looking at 2 pioneer cdj-350's. Is this a good setup for mixing? The idea is to have music on USB sticks or CD's so I can mix without a computer. As long as it works, I'd just plug the CDJ's into the comp.

As far as the mixer goes, I've only got a iRig Mix. I may upgrade later on, but for now just want something better that what I've got.

Is the CDJ 350 a good idea with traktor? Is it enough to mix music from usb sticks, and set loops? Can I click the wave form in tractor and have the CDJ start there when I press play? My laptop only has 2 USB ports, so idk where to plug in the mixer when I upgrade. The sound will come from the mixer, right?

Thanks.

Banned

I use a pair of CDJ 350s with a DJM 350 and it's a nice simple setup. I only use Traktor when I'm recording my mixes. Just a usb from each CDJ into the mac and you're good to go.

Tech Convert

Id get a powered usb hub too IMO

Tech Wizard

Thank you! Is it easy to scroll through the tracks on the CDJ-350's screen?

Banned

No, unfortunately it doesn't work in HID mode; only midi. But its responsiveness to Traktor is pretty good nonetheless.

Tech Convert

ive only played on the 350's awhile ago and seemed to be ok. Its not like lookin at a coputer screen to see a bunch of tracks all at the same time but if you know your cds, and where your tracks are on your usb, you should have a easy transition from the s2 to the 350's.