DJM-2000NXS versus DJM-900NXS
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default DJM-2000NXS versus DJM-900NXS

Hey folks!!!!

I'm hoping for a battle royale here, so I'll give you as much relevant info as possible. I am picking a Pioneer mixer, so please do not bring up any other brands, let's stay on topic. I have come to the point of choosing between the 2000NXS and 900NXS from Pioneer. My current DJ set up is a modular Traktor controller set up and the piece I want to replace with a "club size" mixer is a Xone: K2 currently.

I play a lot of Techno, House, and Electrohouse in my sets and love the Traktor effects which I use the DJTT MidiFighter Pro to control. I may move to CDJs somewhere in the future, but right now I am more focused on the mixer than anything. I really like the sound color effects of the DJM-900 and the touch screen on the DJM-2000 seems very intuitive and cool, but maybe overkill as I use Traktor.

So I want to hear from you guys who might have more experience what you think! Please ask me any questions you might have about what I do.

I'm gonna do my usual and tell you to buy ANYTHING other than a Pioneer mixer.

Although this time, I'm gonna do it with a twist. If you've got that sort of money, buy a normal mixer (Reloop RMX-40, Behringer DDM4000/DJX750/NOX606) and a Pioneer RMX-1000. You'll save yourself some cash and give yourself more features.

Tech Mentor

Go for the 900NXS. Then with the money saved over buying the 2000NXS get an RMX1000. The bulk of the extra fx on the 2000 are from the old EFX1000, so with the DJM900/RMX1000 combo, you will have far more fx controls. FX from an actual FX unit will blow away Traktors FX all day long.

DON'T go for Reloop / Behringer etc... as mentioned above. You obviously have the coin for what you want, and if you go for something else, you will regret it, and end up having to pay again for what you should have gotten first time round.

I was in the same situation as you 3 months ago, but went for the Allen & Heath DB4 instead. If I hadn't gone down that road, I would have went DJM 900 / RMX 1000 for sure. I just found the Pioneer effects to be too "harsh", whereas the DB's fx were studio grade. More subtle. But I like that.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Guru

Wonder why clubs and festivals aren't picking up on these great Behringer deals, what could they possibly be thinking?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    Go for the 900NXS. Then with the money saved over buying the 2000NXS get an RMX1000. The bulk of the extra fx on the 2000 are from the old EFX1000, so with the DJM900/RMX1000 combo, you will have far more fx controls. FX from an actual FX unit will blow away Traktors FX all day long.

DON'T go for Reloop / Behringer etc... as mentioned above. You obviously have the coin for what you want, and if you go for something else, you will regret it, and end up having to pay again for what you should have gotten first time round.

I was in the same situation as you 3 months ago, but went for the Allen & Heath DB4 instead. If I hadn't gone down that road, I would have went DJM 900 / RMX 1000 for sure. I just found the Pioneer effects to be too "harsh", whereas the DB's fx were studio grade. More subtle. But I like that.
    Great advice.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Wonder why clubs and festivals aren't picking up on these great Behringer deals, what could they possibly be thinking?
    Mostly that Pioneer stuff is designed to be abused rather than used?

If he's buying his OWN kit, it makes sense to spend his money more sensibly and take good care of his gear lol.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post

If he's buying his OWN kit, it makes sense to spend his money more sensibly and take good care of his gear lol.
    Have you ever used a Pioneer mixer? DJM 700 or above?

Yeah they've got an 800 at one of the venues I work at, it's battered to fuck lol. Covered in scratches and knobs missing.

Tech Mentor

Yeah they've got an 800 at one of the venues I work at, it's battered to fuck lol. Covered in scratches and knobs missing.
    So thats your experience of Pioneer mixers? 1 battered 800?

Tech Guru

Sensible compared to what? I've used DDM4000 and you can't compare that to a 2000 or 900. They are not remotely in the same league. If the guy has the money to spend on quality gear why wouldn't he.

So like the OP asked, lets stay on topic. 900 or 2000. I'd go with the 900 myself and add the RMX down the road if I still needed more FX features. Also the 900 (in my area) is more common in clubs.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast