Recommendations for a mid price range 4 channel mixer please and advice on setup?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Recommendations for a mid price range 4 channel mixer please and advice on setup?

Hi, I have been learning to DJing for just shy of 12 months using a controller(Reloop TM2) which is lovely and all but I am now looking for a change of direction. I recently added a pair of turntables running timecode vinyl through an Audio 6 and TSP which is great fun but would now like to take this set up a stage further

I was wondering how I would go about swapping the controller out for a 4 channel mixer and adding a pair of CDJs (probably Reloop RMP3s due to cost) and still run this through TSP. I will most likely want to use these as controllers rather than CDJs most of the time but also have the option to use CDs or USB drives if the mood takes me.

Can anyone recommend a mid ranged mixer that will tick all the boxes without breaking the bank, please? And also talk me through how this would typically be set up in terms of physical connections ie CDJs usb into Laptop, audio outs into mixer, where the audio 6 would fit in etc.

Thanks in advance and sorry for such a big ask
    Last edited by Crem Brule; 03-21-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Banned

This is the least-idiotic gear question this forum has probably ever seen.

Thank you. If I were an expert on this I'd help in a second.

Tech Guru

The Denon DNX 1600 or DJM 850 would let you use both your turntables and CDJs in Traktor simultaneously, which would not be possible using the Audio 6 (which you could then sell).

Otherwise there's the Xone 42/92/DB2, DJM 700/800, Ecler Nuo4/EVO4
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Cheers makar1 I had a quick look at the Denon DNX 1600 earlier, seems good for the money. Looking at some of the other option may mean having to stretch my budget a little.

Would my desired set up be possible on a 2 + 2 mixer such as the Z2 or djm t1? do either of these have a way of switching to decks c/d is the same way my Terminal mix2 does?

Tech Guru

The Z2 and DJMT1 are great for Traktor use with 2 decks, and they can be easily switched between inputs so you can have your CDJs and turntables connected at the same time.

Neither of them are that great for non-Traktor use though.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Cool, most of the time I will be using traktor, the stand alone side of the z2 and DJMT1 is really just a nice bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Crem Brule View Post
    Cheers makar1 I had a quick look at the Denon DNX 1600 earlier, seems good for the money. Looking at some of the other option may mean having to stretch my budget a little.

Would my desired set up be possible on a 2 + 2 mixer such as the Z2 or djm t1? do either of these have a way of switching to decks c/d is the same way my Terminal mix2 does?
    If you're going with Reloop CDJs, have you considered the RMX-40 or IQ2+ mixers? I've got an RMX-40 USB (which cost £240) but have been lusting after an IQ2+ MIDI for a while now

EDIT: With either of those two, you don't even need to use the Audio 6 if you're using MIDI control, as you can use the RMX/IQ2's built-in soundcards for audio output
    Last edited by mdcdesign; 03-21-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Hi MDC, i looked at the Reloop options earlier today but it seemed I would loose a lot of the traktor controls using these. Shame because I do like Reloop hence my looking at the RMP3s.

If anyone has a z2 setup with 4 inputs (other than say f1,x1s) I would love to see some pictures please? I supose what I am asking is anyone using cdjs as controller decks only via the 2 usb hubs on the back of the mixer?
    Last edited by Crem Brule; 03-21-2013 at 12:30 PM.

i dont fully understand what you want to do.. a z2 has "2 external real inputs" + "2 virtual inputs"

Why not drop an S4 between your turntables?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast