Percentage of your collection
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Percentage of your collection

Hey guys

So I've been going through the ever arduous process of gridding as much of my collection as I can. Now, this doesn't equal every song because, well, I don't spin every song I have. I'd say I probably would be willing to spin around 30 to 40% of my collection.

What about you? We are, of course, limited in our time, and can't spin everything in 2 or 3 hours a night, and the bangers get replayed over and over until we want to permanently delete the files...

So yeah, how much of your collection do you find yourself actually spinning on?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Jack Bastard

It'd easier to say that I never play about 5-10% of my collection. Everything else gets an outing at some point or other.

I probably spin about 20% of my music. Got shed loads of vinyl that I need to mp3, but that keeps getting put off for another day
    Also I have lots of different styles in my collection but only DJ a specific style.
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk

Tech Mentor

i play about 50-60%. i dont spend money on stuff if i dont see myself playing it... keeps my overhead lower. but even then, i grid maybe 10% of stuff. i only grid stuff that T3 doesnt analyze properly or if it is some wierd case.. like one more time. (it speeds up at the end.. ugh..

well i'm still dirty pirate from the east so i have tons of music (and by ton, i mean a TON). So i have gridded like 1 percent - and i play even lesser amount from that. But i still play loads of song that are not prepared on right occasions- just to test them (i don't need them gridded as they are played through DVS)

P.S. i don't wanna recommend downloading though, as i can't wait to start buying and stop worrying
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Guru

i only grid tracks that are difficult to mix otherwise... ie most quantized dance music songs are easy enough to play without beatgridding. But for my mixtapes I'm getting into the habbit of beatgridding all or most the tunes just to ensure I produce the best product possible with the least hassle/headaches.

as far as my collection goes... i have broad eclectic tastes in music so I only play a very small percentage of my collection.. probably around 10-20% at the most, including genres like classic rock , jazz etc. that I only use for certain types of gigs/sets.

Only 30% of the whole library and I got like 300 albums
    f0tif0

Unless i start playing black metal and ambient tunes i think the traktor collection is gonna stay at around a third.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

My current collection consists of 2 areas (EDM DJ & "EVERYTHING ELSE")

I've gridded about 95% of the EDM (the rest is in a folder for Ableton gridding).

This is because, well this is because Im a bit OCD and need it all in a neat package. (and this is coming from the 10yr bedroom DJ who's only "played out" a couple times)

Which reminds me...how do you all organize your collection in Traktor....and keep it synced? This shit is added time consumption for me on top of gridding...perhaps I should get my priorities straight ey?
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast