Kontrol x1 question.

Default Kontrol x1 question.

My question is:

Is there any chance, to have a Kontrol x1 connected via USB to my laptop, and then conecting the audio output from my laptop to a normal mixer, and just use it?
    Will it work?, or will I need an external soundcard?
    Thanks!
    (2) Kontrol F1 - Kontrol S2 - (2) Technichs SL1210 mk2 - Maschine Mikro MK2 - Akai APC 20 - Midi Fighter Spectra - RMX 1000 - (2) Rokkit 6 - Gemini DJX05 - Kontrol Z2 - (2) Kontrol X1 MK2

Tech Guru

You can, but the quality will be severely lacking. Also, you will want two audio output channels because you need one for your headphones. If you're trying to find the cheapest way into DJing, then get a Numark DJIO or NI Audio 2.

you can, but not much point without a soundcard mate. pick up a NI audio 2, then you can control 2 decks with the X1 and mix externally using two channels of the mixer.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    You can, but the quality will be severely lacking. Also, you will want two audio output channels because you need one for your headphones. If you're trying to find the cheapest way into DJing, then get a Numark DJIO or NI Audio 2.
    Thank you!
    Nup, I'm not trying to find a cheap way, I'm a happy owner of a Xone4D, but I'm trying to get a second controller, to use it on a new setup I'm going to make for a friend

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    you can, but not much point without a soundcard mate. pick up a NI audio 2, then you can control 2 decks with the X1 and mix externally using two channels of the mixer.
    Thanks!
    I'm going to check the NI audio 2 then!
    (2) Kontrol F1 - Kontrol S2 - (2) Technichs SL1210 mk2 - Maschine Mikro MK2 - Akai APC 20 - Midi Fighter Spectra - RMX 1000 - (2) Rokkit 6 - Gemini DJX05 - Kontrol Z2 - (2) Kontrol X1 MK2

Tech Guru

Word of warning, I've met 4 people who used an F1, and I'm the only one that liked it out of all 4 of them. Some people just can't see DJing without jogs to line up their tracks, and it is a bit weird at first. It might be worth getting a Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 for your friend. That would give him the basic feel of working with jogs which is always good if he has to use CDJs.

Also it's cheaper than an F1 + sound card set up.