Mixer to controll traktor, how? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Ooops. There you go then. Personally, I'd just get a DB2 and be done with it, lol. But not really the cheapest way to go I guess at £900.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Guru

They don't sell the Audio 8 anymore, but you can find them used for like $150......

if you want something cheep and also have some midi controll over traktor I sugest you look at American Audio MXR14
    It looks to fullfill all the need you descripe in first post

http://www.americandj.eu/default/mxr-14.html

It comes with Virtual DJ LE but can be mapped to traktor in no time.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Wizard

Default Get a Xone K2 or a wait for the behringer MM-1

The Xone K2 would give you a soundcard along with volume and eq control with kills it will just depend on the mapping that you are using to have the ability to control it. You wouldn't have a crossfader on the K2 unfortunately but the soundcard is high quality so you could use it as a single controller for traktor since it has 3 pages worth of control. You could wait for the MM-1 if you are looking for crossfader and 4 band eq though while having an extra 4 usb 2.0 inputs built into the unit. Both units are usb powered so you wouldn't have to add in a bunch of extra cables. If you are looking to prelisten to sounds though I would go with the K2.

you'll still need some sort of midi controller to control traktor, however the actual mixing will be done on the mixer. if you want 4 decks of control you would need an audio 8 or 10, or an audio 6 for 3 decks. the audio 2 is an option but you will find 2 decks are a restriction after a while.
    my recommendation: depending on your budget, grab a 4 channel mixer in your price range, an audio 6 and an X1.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12