New Mixer Help

Thread: New Mixer Help

Default New Mixer Help

What's up DJTT?! First time poster here. I read the FAQ and all sorts of threads but I haven't really found the answers to my questions.

Currently I am using a Hercules DJ Console RMX through Virtual DJ. This rig is pretty dope because I can essentially carry everything I need to a party no problem. The fact that there's a built in soundcard on the DJ Console RMX is super rad too. That being said I do have an M-Audio Fast Track Pro.

I also have a pair of Numark TT200's that I really like which came with a really crappy Numark mixer. While I do like spinning wax straight up I really want to do more timecode vinyl. But for most of my gigs I still will probably just use a digital mixer just because of how easy it is to set up and the fact that most of my gigs are short (1-2 hours.)

So I know my mixer needs to be replaced and I'm considering upgrading my digital mixer. So what I'm thinking about doing is picking up a new digital mixer that I can use standalone but then when I want to use timecode vinyl I can just plug my turntables into the digital mixer and use the EQs etc. on the digital mixer while using my Numark turntables. So I suppose it would need to have a Serato or Traktor unit built in, unless I want to use VirtualDJ (which is open-source timecode right?) Does a unit like this exist?

Thanks!

Tech Guru

AFAIK any controller with inputs can be used for timecode with VDJ, including the Hercules RMX?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    AFAIK any controller with inputs can be used for timecode with VDJ, including the Hercules RMX?
    That's another problem I forgot to mention: I bought my DJ Console RMX used and when I've rigged my turntables through it with Traktor mk1 timecodes only one side worked no matter how much we troubleshooted it. I do really like my Hercules unit, but I just feel like I should "upgrade" from VDJ to Traktor or Serato. Should I keep it cheap and easy and just get another Hercules unit?

Tech Guru

The only controller with built-in timecode sound card is the Traktor Kontrol S4. If the RMX won't work no matter what you try, you could just get a timecode sound card like the Traktor Audio 4 or 6 and continue to use the RMX as a Traktor controller.

Is it always the same input on the RMX that doesn't work? I assume you switched the cables to test each turntable?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB