Looking into 4-deck mixers. Recommendations?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Looking into 4-deck mixers. Recommendations?

Hello again, everyone.

After having stuck with 2-deck mixing for the past two years, I find myself wishing that I had a third (and sometimes fourth) deck to mix with. My mixing style is quite reminiscent of what I have seen of Kissy Sell-out, using accapellas, instrumentals, and the like not uncommonly. I also scratch, and it would be nice to have another deck dedicated to scratching.

What four-channel mixers would you recommend? I have used serato all my dj life, and do not use a lot of effects. I mix aggressively and often, but do throw in delays/loop rolls/filter/flange on occasion to spice things up. As for my price range, I'd prefer to spend less than a thousand, as I have to pay for medical school next year. I have no qualms about used equipment.

Tech Guru

If you don't need effects, then Xone 42. Can pick one up used for 400-500.

Tech Mentor

agree with the xone, although i think their crossfader is not really well suited for scratching. you might have to exchange it if you pick up one.
    but i don't have any experience with scratching and other mixers than my xone, so...
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Tech Mentor

Does the 42 have midi controls that is can send to software?

Tech Guru

No. Completely analog.

There's also the Behring DDM4000 or Nox 606, but I haven't used either one. They're quite popular for an at home mixer.

Tech Guru

Rane Empath.....only 3 channels but awesome mixer

used djm 800 might be worth looking into, congrats on getting into med school!
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Quote Originally Posted by IznremiX View Post
    used djm 800 might be worth looking into, congrats on getting into med school!
    +1 Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    No. Completely analog.

There's also the Behring DDM4000 or Nox 606, but I haven't used either one. They're quite popular for an at home mixer.

I use the DDM4000 at home and its a great bit of kit for the price, and you can also use it to control tractor. It does have effectsbut as I, and many other on here have alluded to in the past, they are not very subtle. You could do a lot worse in the same price range, Mine was about £400 when I bought it new around 5 4 years ago, and there are some very cheap ones on eBay.

EDIT: Just saw this on the forum, looks like someone is selling a DDM4000, but dunno if they are close to you or you would even consider the mixer!
    Last edited by ThinAir; 03-25-2013 at 04:15 AM. Reason: adding link.
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Tech Guru

You may want to check the mixer you buy has replaceable faders, since most 4 channel mixers aren't made for scratching you could replace the stock faders with an Innofader or two.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast