anyone feel inundated in ableton?
    Tech Convert

Default anyone feel inundated in ableton?

oh man it's been quite a year. i have been pounding away trying to get a good Live PA set happening. some weeks i give up and i feel like normal A-B DJing is good enough(which it is!), and other weeks i am inspired to do something good in ableton with more loops and things.

i have posted around on different forums, but no one seems to have any suggestions for me to make things more simple.

currently i have a nanoKontrol, xponent, trigger finger and x-session pro - if you put your mind to it you can come up with a pretty exciting live set with this year i'd say.

my most recent project is i'm creating mini sets in live, sometimes they build over the course of a few scenes, and then i have a rotary on the nanoKontrol to scroll through the scenes. the advantage to this is i can throw in tunes that don't exist yet and sort of mix them up as they go, the downside to it though is that tiny nanoKontrol doesn't afford much freedom.

overall i get frustrated cause all this gear is so hard to look at and "imagine" what knob does what. that's one of the reasons i've loved the xponent so much and its integration with torq.

anyone feel the same way about putting together a set?

Tech Mentor

I know the feeling. I'm actually going between Serato, Traktor and Ableton at the moment. The possibilities Ableton gives, and the way the effects work seem to make it a winner for me. I think for you, getting an apc40, and/or using some masking tape to figure out what which knob does might help. Sometimes simplifying makes things easier.

I have a Behringer DDM4000, and since I keep changing my midi mappings, it's sometimes hard to remember where the loop control etc is...

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    I know the feeling. I'm actually going between Serato, Traktor and Ableton at the moment. The possibilities Ableton gives, and the way the effects work seem to make it a winner for me. I think for you, getting an apc40, and/or using some masking tape to figure out what which knob does might help. Sometimes simplifying makes things easier.

I have a Behringer DDM4000, and since I keep changing my midi mappings, it's sometimes hard to remember where the loop control etc is...
    yes the apc40 is like a dream ticket. i'm a little upset cause my money is so tight this summer and i can't afford it. to make matters worse it even has the foot control inputs to utilize live 8's live looping pedal

i just don't want to wait for these things to come into my hands because you can lose a few months of getting your set together before a purchase is even possible.

like when i started using torq i was controlling it with the x-session pro and a trigger finger, but when i finally got the money together for an xponent i was in heaven!