Anyone familiar with the DDJ-SX on Traktor?
    Tech Guru

Default Anyone familiar with the DDJ-SX on Traktor?

I think the search function is goofed because I can't search for any topics regarding the DDJ line, even though I made one not even a week ago. Anyways!

If you say my last post, you'll know that I am set on buying a DDJ-T1, probably at the end of this week. Now let me start by saying, money is not an issue here, all I care about is the controller.

So the DDJ-T1 does everything I want, but whatever controller I get is in it for the long run, so the more room to expand the better. Also, the better the build quality, the better it suits my needs.

The SX is asking another £300, for metal construction, performance pads, external mixer, and a few other cool features (replaceable X-fader!) and to me, it seems like a no brainer, but I have one gripe, and that is how does it perform with Traktor?

I'm great at mapping all sorts of stuff, and I know there's a mapping or two on here, but what I want to know is how does it actually 'feel'. Is the latency acceptable? Are the jogs capable of basic scratching? Is it actually worth that extra £300?

Also, I just know for a fact the day after I buy it they'll announce a TX. Haha

EDIT: The other bonus of the SX is I get Serato DJ with it, the only DJ software I haven't as of yet tried.
    Last edited by Sambo; 03-24-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Last edited by synthet1c; 03-24-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    Yeah, Youtube is full of people mixing it using serato, and on here anything I can find related to is SX vs controller Y or a review.

There's nothing telling you any common problems with the DDJ-SX and Traktor or conversely if there isn't any at all. Small things like, I imagine you can't run timecode through this because it's not a Traktor Certified mixer, correct? And sometimes sound cards act weird with other programs, odd channels and the like.

Tech Guru

No controller on the market can use timecode except the S4, and sound cards are independant of DJ software so both those points aren't specific to Traktor rather than Serato.

The 4 channel standalone mixer functionality is quite unique on the SX.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB