Using CDJs in HID mode with added controller

Default Using CDJs in HID mode with added controller

I wonder if anyone has any experience with regard to the following issue:

I wanted to run Traktor with CDJs in HID mode, meaning that the CDJs would act as deck controllers and an aggregated sound card for Traktor. However, due to the external mixer being somewhat limited in control, I wanted to add to the setup my A&H XONE K2 midi controller. Normally using multiple midi controllers should not be an issue as long as the OUT and IN in Traktor's device manager are correctly set for each controller. But in this particular case, the K2 did not even show up as a usable device along the two CDJs in the device manager. The workaround was to map some of the K2's functions onto my computer keyboard, but it is far from a satisfying solution.

Any ideas as to why the K2 was not usable alongside the CDJs?

Tech Guru

Was the K2 plugged into a hub?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Nope, it was just plugged into the computer. Both CDJ-s were plugged into the computer and then the controller into the third USB port on my comp. Maybe it's just a contoller-specific issue. My other controller is under warranty repair right now so I was unable to test whether the setup would have worked with a different type of midi contoller. For some reason though it seemed like the CDJs sort of took the program over and would not allow a generic midi contoller to be utilized at all. The CDJs were CDJ 900s by the way.
    Last edited by Salian; 03-25-2013 at 03:32 AM.