Traktor Scratch Pro Questions of a Novice Maximalist
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Scratch Pro Questions of a Novice Maximalist

hey everyone out there ...

I've just in the past hour FINALLY got Traktor Scratch Pro up and running but not quite how i'd like.

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a couple of questions ?

First ... When routing to an external mixer - or amp head - is it possible to get sound out of Both deck A and B while using just 1 RCA set (1 red 1 white) ?? If so how ??

Also ... The only thing I plan on using the Time Code Vinyl for is cutting ... So i'd like to control deck A and B (and maybe even C) using MIDI while saving the D deck with my turntable and control vinyl ??

Again i'm a beginner still reading through manual and was hoping I could get a quick start with some of the Tech Tools family advice

thank you
    All we ever have is now ...

Quote Originally Posted by metaverse View Post
    When routing to an external mixer - or amp head - is it possible to get sound out of Both deck A and B while using just 1 RCA set (1 red 1 white) ?? If so how ??
    Hey Bro. Yup all you do is under the audio routings set master out to outputs 1&2, and run your rcas into a channel on the mixer. If you do this then set monitor out to say 3&4 or whatever and run this into another channel on the mixer , then you can monitor off the mixer directly. Assuming your soundcard is multi out of course.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah i'm running the Audio 8.

Strange thing just happened in my traktor scratch pro though - the virtual crossfader is missing. As in it is showing the slide area where the virtual knob would be , but its not there ???

Is this maybe because i'm only getting audio out of one channel (deck A) since I only have one set of RCA's hooked up.

Strange program ... I need a solid beginners video series or tutorial of some sort

The cross fader and volume faders are disabled in external mode mate, unless you have version 1.2
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

even after switching to internal mode via the option up on the top bar above deck B - it still wasn't there. I'm guessing I need to switch it somewhere else.

Have a look in the deck details section. You may have them turned off in here then. scratch that its the layout manager.

hey

yeah problem i had for a bit till I worked it out. The bit up at the top above deck two just controls the view, and switches on the view for external/internal mode, but doesn't actually change the mode itself.

To change the actual mode go into the options panel and have a look in "output routing".

k

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    The cross fader and volume faders are disabled in external mode mate, unless you have version 1.2
    Even in 1.2 the Faders and Crossfader are still disabled in external mode.
    Only the EQs have been re-enabled.

I fought long and hard for all to be available in in external mode but only the EQ made it through

Sheeeitt. Can you still see the eq's in the gui?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah the EQs work and are visible in Internal and External mode.
    The faders only work in Internal mode.

In version 1 of TPRO all EQ/faders were visible in External mode but were disabled (greyed out). Grrr I hated that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast