Controlling Pitch with Kontrol X1
    Tech Wizard

Default Controlling Pitch with Kontrol X1

Hey DJTT,

Ill keep this short and sweet. Ive been looking into getting a new modular setup (featuring a mixer like a z2 or dnx1600) and it looks like ill be pulling the trigger on the z2. Quick question... If i add an x1 can I control the tempo faders? Yes yes i know i could midi map it but im looking for something simple, as Im useless at mapping outside of Ableton. I mix tracks with a wide bmp range per set (100-200 or so) so a pitch control is essential.

Help?

Thanks a lot you guys are always great.

That's exactly how my setup works. You can easily map one of the rotary knobs to control pitch but it won't be as accurate as a pitch slider. I have mine set to make jumps of .07 bpm.

If you like, I can send you my .tsi for the kontrol x1. It has all the controls for 2 decks: hot cues, sync, play, FX control, pitch, looping.

Tech Wizard

I can live with 0.07, thats still pretty good. the dn-sc2000 was another option I was looking at but would prefer the x1.

You can change the value of how much tempo is moved by right-clicking on the tempo - and + buttons and selecting prefered option. Well that is what I discovered recently
    -Ableton suite- -Traktor- -Kontrol Z1- -Kontrol X1- -Oxygen 49- -BX8- -HD25II- -Buddha-

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by KryticalH!T View Post
    That's exactly how my setup works. You can easily map one of the rotary knobs to control pitch but it won't be as accurate as a pitch slider. I have mine set to make jumps of .07 bpm.

If you like, I can send you my .tsi for the kontrol x1. It has all the controls for 2 decks: hot cues, sync, play, FX control, pitch, looping.
    A tsi would be great, much appreciated.

Tech Guru

The standard mapping has buttons mapped to pitch control which move in ~0.02BPM increments at low tempo ranges. You could assign some knobs to do larger changes if you need.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I just use the push encoder for loops so I got tempo buttons set so no shift are small 0.02 increments and shift tempo buttons are larger increments.

I also swapped beat jump buttons so they are bend then when shift pressed they are beat jump
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

on my mapping the loop in/out buttons are the tempo controls.
    p.s 1 or 2 x1's beside a mixer is a fantastic setup
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "