Best Record Pool for Club Dj's - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Does anyone have a response to antifmradios post about the dj city and there releases?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Luuser View Post
    Does anyone have a response to antifmradios post about the dj city and there releases?
    I have been using DJ City for a few years and I think the guy has no clue what he is talking about. There is no "latest releases" section. They have new releases sorted by the date, music is added almost every day. There is a "hotbox" section which shows the tops tracks being downloaded. There are always new bootleg mixes being added of tracks that may have first come out 2 years ago but these are NEW mixes, not the same track thats been out for 2 years. $90 for 3 months, which equates to $30 a month or $7.50 a week for all the music you could download, if you think that's a scam or a ripoff then you're a moron.
    Last edited by dj matt blaze; 03-26-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    stay the FU*K away from DJCity
    what a freakin ripoff that place is
    i just found out this morning

i did a gig this weekend with a dj i havent seen in a while. And he told me about DJCity
    So i went there to check it out and its $90 registration for only 3 months of use.

Also i checked their LATEST RELEASES on their front page
    SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!!
    7 of the songs in the LATEST RELEASES area have been out for 2 and 3 years. One of them for 5 years.
    and seriously..... 90 bills for 3 months

Hell Luuser..please dont blow your money on that.
    Hey antifm...

this is pretty inaccurate minus the $90 for 3 month registration fee which is pretty comparable to other record pool services. For anyone looking to clear up some this misinformation, feel free to contact us toll free at (855)4-DJCITY or hit me directly at styles @ djcity . com. Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Well, you can download as much as you want, but isn't it that after a couple of months (I think I've read 6-8) an MP3 will become lifeless? The license or so is gone if I've understood correctly? Otherwise you could just buy all the music for like 90 dollars, I don't think that's the solution?

Hey @ City
    i will admit that i am going by what i see.
    I have no problem admitting i am wrong. I just need to see it.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    Well, you can download as much as you want, but isn't it that after a couple of months (I think I've read 6-8) an MP3 will become lifeless? The license or so is gone if I've understood correctly? Otherwise you could just buy all the music for like 90 dollars, I don't think that's the solution?
    Hey Student,

no, that's not correct. The 6-8 months refers to how long we generally keep songs listed in our database, however once a member downloads a file from us, it is theirs to keep forever. hope this helps!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dj matt blaze View Post
    I have been using DJ City for a few years and I think the guy has no clue what he is talking about. There is no "latest releases" section. They have new releases sorted by the date, music is added almost every day. There is a "hotbox" section which shows the tops tracks being downloaded. There are always new bootleg mixes being added of tracks that may have first come out 2 years ago but these are NEW mixes, not the same track thats been out for 2 years. $90 for 3 months, which equates to $30 a month or $7.50 a week for all the music you could download, if you think that's a scam or a ripoff then you're a moron.
    This. +1

I've used various pools, both DJ City and Zip. I would never use Zip again.

If i had to pick just ONE pool that covers a little bit of everything it would be DJ City. For the 30 bucks a month you could play an entire set from their music. Now if you were looking for pools with specific content there's DMS, CK, Franchise, etc.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by styles View Post
    Hey Student,

no, that's not correct. The 6-8 months refers to how long we generally keep songs listed in our database, however once a member downloads a file from us, it is theirs to keep forever. hope this helps!
    Actually it does! Thinking about joining myself now Thanks for the reply!

does anyone know any record pools for tech house/techno promo tracks? i've heard you kinda have to join a "secret society" to get those tracks. i've also heard producers/djs of those genres send those tracks to people directly to keep them from getting out but i hear so many different djs playing unreleased tracks that i wonder about that...

I've been using DJCity for the past two years and they have a really good selection but the only downside that I have seen is that at first you will download a ton of music but as time goes on it gets less and less and sometimes I question if it's worth the $90. I also use crooklynclan for the more obscure edits and remixes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast