Need help with setting up Korg NanoKontrol with TSD

Default Need help with setting up Korg NanoKontrol with TSD

Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a Korg NanoKontrol to run with my Traktor Scratch Duo.

Having problems with mapping this.. (dont get me wrong im rather new to this whole thing) and the user guides are hard to follow as you all know.

The NanoKontrol is working with traktor and a few of the sliders work already pre-programed. I just dont know where to start to map the NanoKontroller the way I want it...

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I have downloaded the Kontrol Editor as well but dont really know what i should be doing with it. Do I map it all with that or can I just map it through traktor..????

I am really loosing patiance with this and would much appreciate any advice.. Im very lost with this and starting to think this may not even work with Traktor Scratch Duo..??

Please help

Personally I would map it through traktor, the learn button makes things a breeze.
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Just open the MIDI Settings Menu, go to Add, select a control (say, Play). Press learn, hit the pad you want to be "Play" and it should pick it up. The manual isn't that hard to follow anymore, so read up on how the MIDI window works and you should be fine.

You shouldn't need to edit the commands in the Editor unless you're working with multiple MIDI controllers. So you should be fine with the stock commands.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

popatheart

Another thing worth mentioning..

If you're using it with another controller you might want to get Korg Editor and switch the pads from notes to CC values. This will help with any possible conflicts.

Thanks guys, i will give this a try tonite and let you know how i go...