Promotion/Flyers at other artist events - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    No, it's not illegal to distribute flyer inside private premises without the owner's permission in the UK. However if the owner found out and wasn't happy he can require you to leave his premises. To refuse would be to trespass.

Some local authorities have by-laws restricting people from distributing free materials from certain outdoor public areas. This is usually because of littering problems. Sometimes they operate a licensing scheme.

ps. nice sig
    Interesting! I was always told that private property requires permission of the owner. The music shop I work in during the day got absolutely cunt-fisted off the mall because we handed out flyers inside (Inside the mall we rent a shop in, bear in mind) and like the club I work for, they said you can't do it on private property without permission from the owners.

It's all bureaucracy gone bananas if you ask me, like the majority of UK laws. One person says one thing, one says another, some jobsworth gets uppity and next thing you know, you're wearing a hi-vis just to use a vending machine.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

It's broken Britain. Broken Britain mate
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Yup. Everything, from the weather, to this:

baby_faced_dad_fuels_broken_britain_fears_1748914135.jpg
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Mentor

Around here, every nightclub has kind of a flyer-wall. It's somewhere near the bathrooms mostly so you got something to check out while you are waiting. You can leave any kinds of flyers there, but they will taken away at the end of the night i guess, since the nightclub of course uses this to promote it's own events. but you always find flyers from different events etc. so it is legit to just place your flyers there. i don't know if that exists where you are at, but i've seen this in pretty much every club around europe...
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Tech Guru

and bloody cold, BST this w'end too, no sign of Spring, let alone Summer...
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

@backtothefront - what's "future jungle" then?
    Jungle sounded like the future to me, in '94. What does it sound like now?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    Would it be seen as I guess shitty... if I were to pass out flyers INSIDE the venue? or should flyers only be passed out on the outside/in line for the event?
    I've organised (or was involved in the organisation of) parties, festivals, concerts,.... for the last 10 years. If I was you, i would just ask the organisation's opinion. That's how i do it. Sometimes it's no problem to make promo on the event itself, sometimes you can put some flyers at the bar/toilet, sometimes you can't make promo at all. Jusk ask

At my own events I would like to be informed when somebody wants to make promo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123