Promotion/Flyers at other artist events
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Promotion/Flyers at other artist events

So Dillon Francis and Flosstradamus are playing 2 days apart in Philly, at a local venue. Been posting flyers for my new mixtape I put out last week- TrapGear Solid. Would it be seen as I guess shitty... if I were to pass out flyers INSIDE the venue? Its a huge 2,500 person warehouse...

or should flyers only be passed out on the outside/in line for the event? How would you feel if someone came and handed out flyers are your event?
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

When I was waiting in line to get in a club I wouldn't have a place to store a flyer, and if I did I would have forgotten it by the time I got home. With the flyer probably ending up being washed and unreadable...

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvee View Post
    When I was waiting in line to get in a club I wouldn't have a place to store a flyer, and if I did I would have forgotten it by the time I got home. With the flyer probably ending up being washed and unreadable...
    i realize that. i dont expect anyone to save it and frame it. i throw out every flyer i ever get from any show. but i def look at it at least once. and just having the name in my head plants a seed, where next time i see that artists name, I'll know why/when i remember it. thats how flyers work. im not passing out peices of art work.

the question im asking is do u go INSIDE a venue and pass out ur own flyers... or is that seen as almost invading someone elses turf/time slot to promote ur shit, or are u just supporting the local scene, especially if the music you play is the same category...

i see it as both ways.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

I guess everyone should experience being thrown out of a nightclub at least once in their lives
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I guess everyone should experience being thrown out of a nightclub at least once in their lives
    its 100% not a night club. its a concert venue... but thanks
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

That's cool. Getting thrown out of concerts venues earns you more life points anyway
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

That's cool. Getting thrown out of concerts venues earns you more life points anyway
    lol i hate u
    but at least u responded. thanks. i guess ill just stick to the outside of the venue.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Serious answer:
    - as a headliner with the rep those 2 have - I wouldn't care
    - as a punter - I wouldn't want to be hassled inside the venue
    - as a venue owner - I wouldn't want people hassling my punters inside the venue. You might get your leaflets taxed at the door

I'd probably drop the flyers somewhere near in a plastic bag where they can be retrieved, enjoy the gig, rush outside and hit the punters on the way out.
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Serious answer:
    I'd probably drop the flyers somewhere near in a plastic bag where they can be retrieved, enjoy the gig, rush outside and hit the punters on the way out.
    Word to this. hit them after the show, you'll be less likely to be chased off the scene. You talk about handing fliers out on the sidewalk like you'll be somehow safe from being chased away, not the case. After the show is a better bet.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Been posting flyers for my new mixtape I put out last week
    If its available on anything apart from Cassette or Reel to Reel I'd have you pulled out of the venue for false advertising

+1 on after the gig though, even other venues would rarely flyer an even until the night is over and everyone is fair game.

You might bring in some cut down business card sized flyers though if you meet some interesting people at the gig you can hand them out discreetly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast