What Next?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Next?

Default What Next?

So , I paid 425$ (brand new too!) for my S2 about 8 months ago, and sold it today for 520$ !
    (What a deal for me , I know right!)

Anyways , I took that money and added some I've been saving up lately and finally got enough for a new mixer/controller, but I'm stumped!

The S4 sells for 799$ on DJTT Store, but the Z2 sells for 799$ in the DJTT store as well ! I was planning on getting CDJ's this summer anyway , but have no idea which way to go !

Could I use the Z2 to DJ without cdj's until I have enough for the CDJ's ? Or should I just stick with the S4 and use the inputs to connect the CDJ's ! Somebody help me out !

Thanks,
    Swede Dreams
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Tech Guru

Definitely go for the Z2 if you plan on ever getting CDJs. You seem to have plenty of other controllers than can fill in for transport control until then.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

What!???

What moron paid 520 for an S2???

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeDreams View Post
    So , I paid 425$ (brand new too!) for my S2 about 8 months ago, and sold it today for 520$ !
    (What a deal for me , I know right!)

Anyways , I took that money and added some I've been saving up lately and finally got enough for a new mixer/controller, but I'm stumped!

The S4 sells for 799$ on DJTT Store, but the Z2 sells for 799$ in the DJTT store as well ! I was planning on getting CDJ's this summer anyway , but have no idea which way to go !

Could I use the Z2 to DJ without cdj's until I have enough for the CDJ's ? Or should I just stick with the S4 and use the inputs to connect the CDJ's ! Somebody help me out !

Thanks,
    Swede Dreams

Go for the Z2 - it's awesome, and you're doing way better than jogs if you're using 1200s or CDJs.

Get the S2 out of your signature!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Definitely the Z2 when you're getting CDJs. In middle time here are some mappable buttons on each side that can serve you for some basic transport controls.

Yeah ! Thanks guys, & some dipshit bought it lol :')

Feels bad to rip the fellow off , but I had to do what I had to do ! I see the Z2 has the "1,2,3,4" buttons on the side !
    Could I just map those too play stop sync and cue ? then use the flux button as shift, and when I hold shift (flux), have access to four cue points?

I'm absolutely horrible at mapping. Ableton, different story. Traktor , no idea. I'd gladly get the Z2 if somebody could make a mapping for me until I snag those CDJ's ! Thanks guys !

Or how about I stop being a dipshit and use my midi fighter to control cues and transport ! :')

(if someone were to make a mapping , or teach me how)

Tech Wizard

If you have a Mac, you can create a mapping very easy with Xtreme Mapping.
    Just select the function that you want and midi learn it!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeDreams View Post
    Yeah ! Thanks guys, & some dipshit bought it lol :')

Feels bad to rip the fellow off , but I had to do what I had to do ! I see the Z2 has the "1,2,3,4" buttons on the side !
    Could I just map those too play stop sync and cue ? then use the flux button as shift, and when I hold shift (flux), have access to four cue points?

I'm absolutely horrible at mapping. Ableton, different story. Traktor , no idea. I'd gladly get the Z2 if somebody could make a mapping for me until I snag those CDJ's ! Thanks guys !
    That should be easy enough using controller manager as well:

Add in > Deck common > Cue / type button / interaction hold
    Add in > Deck common > Play/Pause / type button / interaction toggle
    Add in > Deck common > Sync on / type button / interaction toggle
    To add LED for each command use ADD OUT menu and follow the same path.

After adding any command just enable LEARN button > press button to assign > deactivate LEARN. Lastly, set the command for corresponding deck using 'deck assignment' slot.

When you're done with this let me know and I'll give you an example how to map shift button and hotcues.

Tech Guru

Overkill for a cue mapper lol. You could just pick up an LPD8 to do that for a fraction of the cost and save that Midi Fighter for remix decks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast