Traktor Z2 vs Allen & Heath Xone 42

Default Traktor Z2 vs Allen & Heath Xone 42

I'm buying a new CDJ setup up and I'm not sure which mixer to get. I was sold on the Traktor Z2 but after seeing the Xone 42 I'm not sure which one to go for. I really like the fact that the Xone 42 is a 4 channel mixer, but i also like the fact that the Z2 syncs perfectly with Traktor. Any help on this subject is much appreciated.

Tech Mentor

If you are going to using it with Traktor, then I would get the Z2. Also, the Z2 can be used as a standalone controller in case you need to travel light and leave the CDJ's at home.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Mentor

Interested in this topic too... been thinking about ditching my S4 and getting a Z2 and a Kontrol F1 (or two), but the S4 is handy for someone like me because there are no consistent setups of any kind in my town. It's nice to show up with an easy all-in-one solution.

But, when available, I do like to screw around with CDJs or my Techs (both of which I do have at home). Just don't wanna have to lug a bunch of equipment around to clubs, which is why I got the S4 in the first place.

But I have been thinking about how nice it would be to replace my aging DJM-500 and my nice (but a bit strange) Xone:32 with either a :42 or a Z2.