Electrix Tweaker Traktor Pro 2 tsi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Electrix Tweaker Traktor Pro 2 tsi

Hi folks,

I recently bought a Electrix Tweaker and I'm struggling with the tsi-file. It seems the led feedback behavior for the EQs is broken. When switching between the different Modes (Loop, FX and EQ) and getting back to the EQ-Mode, the LEDs arent properly updated and you first have to move one of the knobs to jump to the corresponding software position. I reseted my Traktor Settings and started from Scratch but the issue still remains. I also reseted the Tweaker to default. It's quite diffcult to figure out the problem because the tsi is very complex.

Traktor Reference Manual: http://www.electrixpro.com/manuals/T...ence_Guide.pdf
    TSI-File: http://www.electrixpro.com/mappings/...ktor_Pro_2.tsi

Cheers

I think you miss something here: "Soft Takeover" is only available for Fader/Knob. Also the Tweakers LED-Rings respond on a different Midi-Message than the Encoders itself (which is pretty clever). I got a bit deeper in the way it handels MIDI-Feedback and it seems that there is an issue with the way the Tweaker reacts on a change of the LED-Ring Mode through the "Settings Channel" (16ch). Everytime I press the Modifier Button, which switches the encoders and led-rings to different modes and therefore make them available for different function (like Loop, EQ and FX), Midimessages are send to the "Settings Channel" to achieve that. So for, so good. But the issue is that in the moment e.g. the top-left encoder’s LED ring is put into EQ-Mode from Fill-Mode, the current EQ-Value of Traktor isnt picked up. Instead the LED-Ring is all the way on the left 6 o'clock position, no matter what the current EQ-Value in Traktor is. This way if you switch to the different modes for the encoders you have to look back to the laptop screen again which should not be necessary.

Here is a copy and paste from the Tweaker User Manual:

5. The Settings Channel

The settings channel is reserved for the use of standard MIDI CC messages to configure different TWEAKER settings. Send a CC number on this channel to the TWEAKER and, if it matches the CC number mapping for an LED ring or an encoder, the value will change its properties.

The following properties can be modified using the settings channel:

- Encoder speed
    - Encoder mode (absolute/relative)
    - LED rings display style (Fill, Walk, EQ, Spread)
    - Local Control (CC# 122)

[...]

Sample Messages

CC 79, Channel 16, Velocity 100

- No change to encoder output mode
    - Puts the top-left encoder’s LED ring in Fill Mode
    - No change to encoder speed
    - Ring Local Control is ‘disabled’ and encoders cannot control LED rings (This modifies same variable as sysex 14 ‘Disable Encoder Local Control’)
    You can reproduce the problem by using the "Tweaker Editor" and then clicking on "Tools" in right bottom corner. There you are able to send a single note or a single cc directly to the Tweaker.

I'm really annoyed by that issue. I read all the positive reviews but it seems no reviewer really tested the traktor mapping deeper. Or am I still getting something wrong here? I wrote two support mails to Electrix and there is no answer yet ...

If someone should be struggeling with the same issue - I feel like I'm the only one who bought the tweaker - I got a message from the support team:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We had experienced this during the tsi development, but it had been resolved, so we are surprised you are seeing this issue again.
    To help troubleshoot the issue, could you let us know:
    - What firmware version to you have
    - What version of the tai file are you using? (Is it the one from the CD/website or the one in the Traktor setup wizard? They should be the same file but let us know the process you used to setup Traktor and that will give us a starting point to investigate.
    This was about two weeks ago. Im through with it, I will be returning the controller. It's a shame because I really would like to keep the controller.

Tech Convert

We are making progress with a solution on this and we'll be issuing a fix as soon as possible. The problem is in the way the Tweaker's settings channel interacts with Traktor. This seems to be an intermittent problem and is not happening with every user.

In the meantime, you can delete all outgoing messages to Channel 16 in Traktor's controller manager. This will remove all messages sent to the settings channel. Then you'll need to open the Tweaker Editor, change all the encoders to relative, and chose a display mode for the LED rings (EQ, Fill, Walk, Spread). That means the LED display modes will no longer change when changing the control layers for the encoder, it's not ideal but at least they will display the correct value. This is just a temporary fix. It's a good idea to save that as a preset in the editor for the time being. And make sure to hit "save to tweaker' so this setting will remain when the controller is unplugged. Also a good idea to export and save a copy of the tsi once you've deleted the CH16 messages.

Once we issue a fix you'll be able to reload the original mapping (or possibly a new version that we will provide) to have the LED display modes change when changing control layers.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mixware View Post
    We are making progress with a solution on this and we'll be issuing a fix as soon as possible. The problem is in the way the Tweaker's settings channel interacts with Traktor. This seems to be an intermittent problem and is not happening with every user.

In the meantime, you can delete all outgoing messages to Channel 16 in Traktor's controller manager. This will remove all messages sent to the settings channel. Then you'll need to open the Tweaker Editor, change all the encoders to relative, and chose a display mode for the LED rings (EQ, Fill, Walk, Spread). That means the LED display modes will no longer change when changing the control layers for the encoder, it's not ideal but at least they will display the correct value. This is just a temporary fix. It's a good idea to save that as a preset in the editor for the time being. And make sure to hit "save to tweaker' so this setting will remain when the controller is unplugged. Also a good idea to export and save a copy of the tsi once you've deleted the CH16 messages.

Once we issue a fix you'll be able to reload the original mapping (or possibly a new version that we will provide) to have the LED display modes change when changing control layers.

Hope this helps.
    Any updates on this?

I'm experiencing the same issues with the EQ knobs. In addition to the OPs problem, I notice it most when I pre-load a song (say in Deck A for example), and adjust the EQ knobs before starting the track (like to cut out the bass, or make room for the highs, etc). Once I start the song the EQ lights will reset and will no longer reflect the actual knob settings w/o me, like the OP, moving a knob one click to the left or the right.

This sucks as I was at a live gig last Friday and in the moment didn't realize my Lows were still turned down from a previous track and when I transitioned to my new song the Tweaker said my Lows were normal but Traktor showed them to be turned all the way down. bummer :[

I obviously don't think the controller should be doing all the work for me, but working as advertised would be swell... I'm considering selling it and going for the Twitch instead.

A new functioning mapping would be so killer!!

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Remoire View Post
    Any updates on this?

I'm experiencing the same issues with the EQ knobs. In addition to the OPs problem, I notice it most when I pre-load a song (say in Deck A for example), and adjust the EQ knobs before starting the track (like to cut out the bass, or make room for the highs, etc). Once I start the song the EQ lights will reset and will no longer reflect the actual knob settings w/o me, like the OP, moving a knob one click to the left or the right.

This sucks as I was at a live gig last Friday and in the moment didn't realize my Lows were still turned down from a previous track and when I transitioned to my new song the Tweaker said my Lows were normal but Traktor showed them to be turned all the way down. bummer :[

I obviously don't think the controller should be doing all the work for me, but working as advertised would be swell... I'm considering selling it and going for the Twitch instead.

A new functioning mapping would be so killer!!
    I have owned the Tweaker since when it virtually first came out. Having experienced (unfortunately also at a gig) the same problems as stated above i'd first like to thank 'Mixware' for the first actual working (that i've come across) 'fix' suggested for the LED feedback issues. I have played sets in a few different countries with the Tweaker now but even though i love this little bit of kit i have to agree that 'A new functioning mapping would be so killer!!' For me it just feels like a 'something' that is SOOOO nearly there!!! (I've seriously got to learn how to midi map!!!!)
    It'll definitely still stay in my kit bag for awhile yet, if for nothing else than the fact that it lights up like a xmas tree in a nightclub and get's all kinds of 'WTF?!?' kind of attention!! Haha!!
    Oh and just in case anyone was wondering if 'sync' ain't your thing, know that you can totally beatmatch on this controller!! Obviously not jog wheel style, but in 'yellow' mode i use the nudge buttons and the bass EQ encoder (in 'yellow' mode it acts just like the rotary pitch control on the Novation Twitch). It seems to be more smooth than using the channel fader (which in 'yellow' mode also becomes a pitch slider), and you don't end up when you change 'modes' with the physical slider in all kinds of wrong positions in relation to the software. ;-)

Tech Convert

We're working on this issue via a firmware update. This is unfortunately not something we can fix permanently via a new mapping.

We've uploaded the fix we described above so you can just install the files instead of modifying the mapping yourself. This fix will put the rings in Walk mode for all layers. It's not as cool as having the rings change with the layers, but at least it's functional while we work on the permanent fix.

Here is the link for the zip file. Make sure to follow the included instructions.
    http://www.electrixpro.com/mappings/...TraktorFix.zip

Quote Originally Posted by mixware View Post
    We're working on this issue via a firmware update. This is unfortunately not something we can fix permanently via a new mapping.

We've uploaded the fix we described above so you can just install the files instead of modifying the mapping yourself. This fix will put the rings in Walk mode for all layers. It's not as cool as having the rings change with the layers, but at least it's functional while we work on the permanent fix.

Here is the link for the zip file. Make sure to follow the included instructions.
    http://www.electrixpro.com/mappings/...TraktorFix.zip
    Thank you for the quick response! I'll try giving that a go and reply to this thread to report back the results.

As a side note: the Tweaker really is a fun and great controller. The main thing that pulled me to it was it's cross-compatibility with Ableton. As someone kind of just dabbling in Djing, its nice to know I'll have a use for the Tweaker when I eventually transition to fully original sets performed using Live.

My only other feedback is that I find the filter knobs would be better suited to just always be active instead of being disabled when the headphone monitors/cue are activated on a given track. I really like being able to have the mix coming out of my headphones pretty much all the time so having an extra step to go through in order to use the filter on the fly is kind of cumbersome. It seems like maybe adding the headphone monitor and mix controls to that "emergency" layer (which I haven't really had to use) may be a good place to toss those in order for the filter knob to always be active?

Of course these are just suggestions for the mapping and not the product itself- obviously everyone will have their preferences/two cents but just thought I'd toss mine in :]

Thanks again for an innovative and fun to use (AND awesome looking) product!

Tech Convert

Hey Remoire, Thanks for the feedback!! Your request is easy enough. We'll post a modified tsi shortly...

Tech Convert

Here you go:
    http://www.electrixpro.com/mappings/...gsCueShift.zip

Filter is on all the time. Now you have to hold shift for Cue Mix and Cue Level - when Monitor Cue in ON for either deck.

PS: The link in our previous post also has the editor preset (part of the fix) so download both and use either tsi file (cue mix with or without shift).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast