Want turntables, but... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

If it's a good deal, don't pass up on it! Try it out, and if you like it stick with it. At the very worst you flip it for what you spent, or maybe even turn a profit.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Banned

I appreciate the feedback. Scooping up the setup this weekend. Will post pics.

Tech Mentor

Beatmatching is like riding a bike. You never forget how. Do whatever makes you happy.

Yeah, beat matching is so satisfying when you get it right. Especially if there's no real melody to it to give you any clues as to whether it's matched or not.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Wish I could offer some helpful advice lol. I started on Technics, still own them, and havent used them in 4 years. I find much more enjoyment and creativity with 4 decks, and Maschine vs mixing like its the 90s hehe. Ive thought about selling them, but just cant; even though Ill never use them again lol.

Good luck on your decision, id personally use that money to advance your traktor setup (controllers, fx unit RMX?) allowing you to do some very cool things with your music after some time spent teaching yourself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Wish I could offer some helpful advice lol. I started on Technics, still own them, and havent used them in 4 years. I find much more enjoyment and creativity with 4 decks, and Maschine vs mixing like its the 90s hehe. Ive thought about selling them, but just cant; even though Ill never use them again lol.

Good luck on your decision, id personally use that money to advance your traktor setup (controllers, fx unit RMX?) allowing you to do some very cool things with your music after some time spent teaching yourself.
    Honestly, I just like to play music. My girlfriend is eyeing a Push and we live together so I'll have that to look forward to. Along with the turntables and Z2, an X1 is also included in the package. So as far as controllers, I think I'll be good. But thanks for your 2 cents. If I'm not happy, I can sell everything for a good chunk like Culture_Shock mentioned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12