This is Techno ???
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default This is Techno ???

Holy cow. How do they stick this in techno? This is 100% deep house.

http://www.beatport.com/track/the-po...al-mix/3696017

>

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over beatport's genre labeling system- by now we know they often mess stuff up and certain things are subjective and borderline. This isn't even really a bad example- maetrik usually produces a deep tech house kinda sound and a lot of his stuff is definitely techno. His more deep house stuff usually gets released under maceo plex.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 03-28-2013 at 03:34 PM.

I just hate it because my sound is definitely not techno, but this would drop right into one of my sets.

I found this by chance. I don't have time to search through every genre. As it stands, I spend 4 hours + a week digging through sites and now I have to add techno.

Arrggghhh.

Maybe you should rethink how you approach digging for music. I can't remember the last time I really browsed by genre categories on any music sites. Usually I find new music by listening to DJ mixes and making notes of tracks I like (shazam is useful if out somewhere and works well a lot of the time)- then browsing based on artists and labels for more similar tracks, then listening to DJ mixes from any new artists I discover that way, that and occasionally I find stuff posted on reddit in various music subs. It's a lot less time consuming and I mostly just listen to new mixes while driving.

I do mixes, podcasts and jam to Di.FM and SSradioUK all day at home etc.

What blogs and reddit do you use?

Sometimes you have to dig through genres. I ain't wasting time digging through Electro and Trance, etc. if it's not my style.

>

Actually I found the 'Techno'-label here better than Deep house mate.
    Latest Production: https://soundcloud.com/pjetrovmusic/techhouse-project-1
    - F1 - F1 - CME UF6 - Maschine Mikro -

Quote Originally Posted by WastedYouth View Post
    Actually I found the 'Techno'-label here better than Deep house mate.
    here we go. Sorry I brought it up.

I forgot the golden rule in genres: "everyone knows everything AND nobody knows anything."

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    here we go. Sorry I brought it up.

I forgot the golden rule in genres: "everyone knows everything AND nobody knows anything."

>

if it is deep house its not that deep

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I can honestly say that anything that has been described as deep house to me either in the club or on any forum I go on has, in my opinion been anything but deep house.

Old genre/name, rehashed to fill a gap because people have run out of ways to describe something.

I mean fucking Disclosure. Good, but not deep house. Dont get me wrong, a genre can develop over time and change and still be relevantly called the same genre but... nah .

But who am I to say. Im just an old fart that used to play deep house and is annoyed that younger people are now calling something else deep house.

Probably makes me sound like Jerry Wexler moaning that R&B has been misused as a term to describe wank like Usher.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

I mean fucking Disclosure. Good, but not deep house. Dont get me wrong, a genre can develop over time and change and still be relevantly called the same genre but... nah .
    Are a lot of people really calling disclosure deep house? That wouldn't even fall under the "new deep house" sound I think you'e also referring to. Fits more under what people are calling "future garage", and not even sure how I like that genre label in general but that's what I would throw disclosure under.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast