m audio x session pro
    Tech Mentor

Default m audio x session pro

I would like to know what u guys thinks of the x session pro or the behringer bcd3000 .....or whatother midi controller would u reccomend me I'm looking for something cheap cuz I'm saving money for the allen and heath xone 3d

Quote Originally Posted by luigislaperig View Post
    I would like to know what u guys thinks of the x session pro or the behringer bcd3000 .....or whatother midi controller would u reccomend me I'm looking for something cheap cuz I'm saving money for the allen and heath xone 3d
    IMO, the X-Session Pro is the place to start. I highly recommend it as a beginners control - cheap, reliable, does the basics, genuinely not a toy, has room for your first taste of customization. Great starting point, I have a lot of respect for it. The downsides? Not enough buttons, no rotary controls, no LED illumination or feedback.

Add a TriggerFinger or an MPD32 and you're off into seriously interesting territory.
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 07-29-2008 at 11:54 PM.

man i love my x session i use it in ableton live and works great like fatlimey said not enought controles but it does the job ya dig. I am gonna add a uc33e next to it and have a good set up.

I run the XSP along with my BCD3000.
    I use it for coarse pitch control and deck effects.
    On it's own you could only do basic mixing but it is definitely a good unit for that.
    The construction is very good and the faders and knobs are very nice to use.

I would say for a broader range of controls get the BCD3000 - especially to prepare you for the onslaught of control capable on a xone. Also get the Xone 4D instead - i hear they fixed some soundcard issues.

*~agrees with Fatlimey~*
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I also own a XSP. I have had a lot of good times with it. But as said before, there isn't enough buttons. I love to have as many functions mapped to controllers as possible. So I have 2 other controllers, but a lot of my mixing returns me to my xsp.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.