Turntable Calibration Confusion

Default Turntable Calibration Confusion

i'm running 2 gemsound bjl-1150's in my timecode setup, but have a few questions for those who have experience with turntables:

1. next to the strobe light on most tables is a little diagram that shows which "dots" on the platter edge should be sitting still at certain percentages on the pitch slider. if you're not familiar with what i'm talking about, here's a picture (of horrible quality, i know, but simply for reference):

http://www.indydesigns.net/img/calibration.jpg

so, as you probably can't tell, instead of percentages, i have "50Hz" and "60Hz". upon further reading, i became thoroughly confused. the details of this are not deathly important to me, i really just want to know how the hell to calibrate using these numbers. i have an idea of which "dots" should be sitting still, and am planning on making minor adjustments to fix this.

2. sort of related, should the "dots" be sitting still while the record and needle are weighed on as well, or while the platter is "empty". just for clarification.

thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

sold my 1200's a while back, so i cant test right now, but i believe when the pitch was @ +/- 0 and spinning at 33 rpm the center dots should be standing still( with the record and needles playing)