Drum Rack mapping
    Tech Convert

Default Drum Rack mapping

Hey !

I've had some problems mapping my numark mixtrack pro 2 to ableton. Of course the mapping for anything else is an easy job, but when i want to use the pads in the unit for drum rack, I' face some problems:
    When i play the pads, it clearly sends a midi message in to the drum rack, but i can't modify the the mapping in it (what pad plays a certain note).
    So, for example i can't play Mad Zach's sample pack's properly.
    I hope you guys understand! =)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Eepos123 View Post
    I've had some problems mapping my numark mixtrack pro 2 to ableton.
    When i play the pads, it clearly sends a midi message in to the drum rack, but i can't modify the the mapping in it (what pad plays a certain note).
    Don't know the mixtrack, so I'm not sure if it's possible to change the midi-values for the mixtrack-pads on the unit itself.

In general, if you can see activity in the drum rack and the triggered cells are not in the right cell-range, you could try one of the following:

(1) click on the 'Show/Hide Chain List'-Button and then on the 'I/O'-button (which should be visible now). There you should be able to adjust which midi-note triggers a certain Drum rack cell.
    (2) click on the 'Show/Hide Chain List'-Button and drag & drop the cells from the chain list to another drum-rack cell position.
    (3) use Live's PITCH-midi-plugin on the drum-rack track for adjustment.

Besides, if you want to use a control on a midi-controller that only sends Midi-CC values (and not notes), you might have a look at a midi-translator:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=24809
    https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112648
    Last edited by solger; 04-01-2013 at 08:13 AM.

So what you're basically saying, is that you want to play note C1 (for example), and you come up playing note C3?