Master of the Mix season 3 - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Nice season finale. Each DJ pretty much chose their own destiny.
    Last edited by HighTopFade; 06-05-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    Used Record Shopper

I hoped Chris would win BUT Jayceeoh's music selection is way better...which IMO, is the most important skill to possess as a DJ...you can have technical skills out the ass and the crowd will not forgive you for horrible song selection...

Chris is oldschool, his song selection was not horrible in any sense...I would still pay to see him over jayseeoh anyday. BUT that's me... I don't go to dance clubs, I don't DJ dance clubs, and I don't have any desire to DJ in a major club. I do hip-hop on my time and pop music for weddings and parties...certain music I simply refuse to play b/c its garbabe (most dirty south rap)... I give him some respect that he kept to his own style regardless of the challenge
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Guru

Chris could have played hip hop and the club stuff. Jayceeoh was smart cause he pretty played what is kind of the music that is hot right now in major clubs and just did his thing.
    talk about old school, incrediboi is way more old school than kris. All he wanted on the production end is his logo on the screen. He played good songs tho, the ladies love the slow jams

Tech Convert

I'm confused as to how Kid Capri is qualified to judge.. And, why did they play so much if his set and not Mia Moretti's? The 20 seconds of hers was better than the entire showing of his.

Tech Wizard

I just saw chris play @ the wood in seattle 2 weeks ago. ANyone who says he cant dj in a club is nuts. He had that place rockin.

He may be better off not winning, he isnt locked into a contract having to do certain things. Loczi and Chris adi yesterday they are working on a show/tour doing 4 turn tables and "multiple" drum machines.

Quote Originally Posted by enorjy View Post
    talk about old school, incrediboi is way more old school than kris.
    idk if I agree with that but I like them both... they were the two most technically clean DJ's in the competition...incrediboi has that chirp on lockdown
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    idk if I agree with that but I like them both...
    oldschool in the context of the dj sets. he wanted it to be about the music and not about putting on a flashy show. The most showmanship he had was pick up the mic and everyone thought he was gonna rap or whatever.
    Chris Karns sets like like what kid kapri said, hip hop mozart. i mean you could hear every time he did something dope you would hear few oooh and aaaah in the audience and then killing it on the drum machine.
    jayceeeoh set made him the easiest brandable of the djs with the current state of club music if that make sense.

PS I would like to hear the full sets from the judges aka kid capri and mia moretti

Would've loved to see Chris Karns win but I agree, Jayceeoh played it smart.
    Used Record Shopper

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by HighTopFade View Post
    Would've loved to see Chris Karns win but I agree, Jayceeoh played it smart.
    I did not know this topic existed. In any case I liked that Jayceeoh won. There was an interview done on one of the DJ's that was on the show. His name was DJ Hohme. It was that guy they refereed to as the Ipad DJ. I thought he was pretty decent. Still I digress the interview is http://sanjosereal.com/blog/2013/6/1...-san-jose-real

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rawlo5660 View Post
    I did not know this topic existed. In any case I liked that Jayceeoh won. There was an interview done on one of the DJ's that was on the show. His name was DJ Hohme. It was that guy they refereed to as the Ipad DJ. I thought he was pretty decent. Still I digress the interview is http://sanjosereal.com/blog/2013/6/1...-san-jose-real
    Hohme was just not very judge-able. You couldn't tell what he was and wasn't doing. It really looked like he was just applying effects to a bunch of synced tracks. Holding the IPad up like that looked silly, unfortunately. I'm sure yes a decent DJ, but I've been known to be too nice on my judgements.
    2012 15" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: 2 Tech 1210s + Dicers :: Traktor Kontrol Z2 :: DJM400 :: Traktor Pro 2.6 :: Serato Scratch Live + Serato Video

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112