S2 and S4

Thread: S2 and S4

Default S2 and S4

I know this has probably been posted about 70 times but, I have a novation twitch, and i want to switch to traktor.
    I would either like to purchase the s2 or s4, but i am really leaning towards the s2. The reason why is I like the simplicity of the s2. However, I do really like to use the effects. If i got an s2, I would later upgrade my setup with f1's, but if I got an s4, that would not be the case. So what do you think? What are the main differences between the s2 and s4?

Tech Guru

Why would you get the F1 with the S2 but not with the S4?

If you plan on using more than 2 standard track decks then go for the S4, if not then the S2 is fine for 2 track decks + 1/2 remix decks.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I would try Traktor with the Twitch first. A lot of people really like it.

>

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    I would try Traktor with the Twitch first. A lot of people really like it.

>
    This. One step at a time - if Traktor just doesn't feel right with the Twitch, then make the jump.

Tech Wizard

My setup is an S2 with Two Kontrol F1's

I love the S2 portability and its compact design! It can do everything the S4 can do and more in a smaller package.
    I have a 4 deck mapping on the S2 so I can control the Remix Decks C & D for EQ's and FX!
    CHECK OUT MY SOUNDCLOUD BRUH!!!: http://soundcloud.com/fabiioofficial
    Be sure to take a listen to my newest tracks
    15' Macbook Pro l Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Kontrol Z2 l Kontrol D2's l Pioneer PLX 1000's l

Tech Mentor

I'd go S2, unless you are looking at any point in the near future to get TT's.
    My only regret with choosing it and an F1 over the S4 is I can't hook up my TT's and use it as a mixer.