what is happening
    Tech Convert

Default what is happening

the past few weeks i've just been noticing that EDM is becoming much more popular. I was watching much music, channel usually filled with stereotypical rap, and all of a sudden i see them starting to play edm. But the problem is that i see artists that i hate all of a sudden rapping or singing on music like this. For example, it just caught my attention that a song came on and it was Bingo Players - Rattle. But had some rapper on it.

Tech Guru

Troll?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Troll?
    April fools isn't my strongside:/
    thought i'd get atleast one person

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Kameron View Post
    April fools isn't my strongside:/
    thought i'd get atleast one person
    Almost got me... VH1 is labeling their Master of the Mix a competition of up and coming EDM Djs... I think one person during the audition played anything similar to the term "EDM" and he almost got cut because he used a iPad to controll filters and cues etc instead of using turntables. The old schoolers just wont let it go.. if you dont scratch or cut fade every track you arent a DJ apparently.

One judge was like "I couldnt tell if you were really doing anything I didnt hear any mixing"

Well dear sir, thats what we call some good mixing, when the transition doesnt hit you in the face like a crab scratch backspin super cut... How much longer is acceptance going to take lol

Tech Guru

We need a thread for all April fools stuff. OTherwise it just floods the forum :|

Tech Wizard

Have no fear, trap elements will permeate the pop EDM and morph it back into rap and hiphop, which are more commercially viable.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by protocol View Post
    Have no fear, trap elements will permeate the pop EDM and morph it back into rap and hiphop, which are more commercially viable.
    Shoot me now

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Shoot me now
    shoot me first