Help with my first controller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with my first controller

Hi everyone!

In the last 2/3 years I've had a few house parties where I was the man of music! I used Virtual DJ and Traktor, but with no controller, just with a mouse and keyboard on my Laptop. There was a time that I had a little experience with a mini-mixer and loved playing with the knobs and sliders, and the fact that is much easier to have control over the music. I dont want to be a professional, just to play home and spend a couple of small parties.

For this and more, I'm thinking about buying a controller and need your help.
    I do not want something top (since it would be too expensive). I am thinking of spending a maximum of € 200. I heard about some controllers of Hercules and other brands, but do not know where to choose.
    It doesnt matter that is new or a used conttroler.

What do you say?

BTW, sorry for my bad english!

I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

^ Agreed.

For a first controller that will give you physical control over most controls, you really can't go wrong with the Mixtrack Pro.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

You want a controller with or without soundcard?
    Without:http://www.numark.com/product/mixtrack-ii
    With:http://www.hercules.com/uk/DJ-Music/...j-control-air/
    There might be others you could check out.
    Dj: Behringer cmd studio 4a, Akai LPD8, Pioneer HDJ-500, Traktor 2

Producing: Oxygen 49, Akai LPD8, Fl Studio

Tech Mentor

Check out digital dj tips . com's ultimate controller guide. It really is useful!

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Didz View Post
    You want a controller with or without soundcard?
    Without:http://www.numark.com/product/mixtrack-ii
    With:http://www.hercules.com/uk/DJ-Music/...j-control-air/
    There might be others you could check out.
    ehh

i wouldn't fk with that hercules. I dont like depending on wireless/'air-control'/gimmicky weird things. Just give me a solid 2 platter controller with faders and knobs for <$300 please.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

I would not recommend the Hercules DJ Control Air as suggested above. For the money you can get much more control with the mixtrack pro. Plus the air function is just stupid.

The DigitalDJTips guide is probably a good place to start: http://www.digitaldjtips.com/dj-controllers-guide-2013/
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Sounds like you know some software pretty well. Make a list of all the parameters you want control over, then find a controller that matches those needs.

Want to control tempo - get some sliders. Want to control FX - get some knobs. Trigger samples? Buttons or pads. Navigation/browsing? Knobs and buttons...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

not to knock the hercules again, but pretty much at this point, theres 3(maybe 4 if u include VDJ) main softwares out there... serato, traktor, and ableton. Id say find a controller that comes with a LITE version of one of those. If I put any money down, Id bet Hercules software doesnt catch on...
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Thanks for the quick response guys!

I really like the Numark Mixtrack Pro, but I have some questions.
    First, where I connect the speakers? Into the MixTrack or into the Laptop? Or is the same thing to connect one or another?

Another thing is if I use Traktor Pro (Not the LE version), can I control the 3 effects per FX unit in Mixtrack? I have seen some videos of Mixtrack pro and it only control one effect! Help?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast