I made it out of the bedroom! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Martzehhh View Post
    Thanks for the great replies guys I wasn't expecting such great feedback.

I can understand the no massive tracks but you guys don't think I should play any bangers to get people moving? The set I'm playing is electro/progressive so by nature they are pretty high energy.

The input/output I've been using at home is just an RCA cable so you think that's what they will use in the club? Last question (although I have too many) is will I need to changed any of the audio settings in traktor? I'd imagine they would stay the same as long as I used the same ports.

Thanks a ton for the feedback guys ill definitely give you an update as to how it all went.

On a side note, cooking. Do you mean you go to the university of Guelph? Because I'm playing in Guelph if so that's wild lol
    like i said. the club will have a mixer in the booth. so the only thing you have to do is to connect your s4 out (rca) to one of the mixer channels (rca) and you are ready to go.

and also like i said:

GO AND CHECK out the venue before you are playing there. have a look at the booth and what the setup will be like. this will help you being prepared a lot. if there is no chance for to do so, ask the staff/promoter/djs who work there to give some infos about the booth!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Wizard

yep! university of guelph. Currently living in residence and I'm only 18 right now. As for the bangers, People just entering the club don't necessarily always want to jump right on the dance floor when they get there, they might want to chat, have a few drinks. So low key warm up music is the best option. Whoever's headlining is going to want to pump up the crowd themselves most likely. Its gonna be hard trying not to play a ton of dope heavy hitting tracks. However I think as you progress towards the end of your set you can gradually play some stronger tracks. Here's a great thread that might help explain things better. http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=51455

Im not sure who you're opening for, but it would be best to avoid tracks produced by them.

Which club are you playing?

Tech Wizard

this is too crazy, im at the U of G as well. What club are you playing?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by JCalzonetti View Post
    this is too crazy, im at the U of G as well. What club are you playing?
    That's nuts! I'm the opener for the end of class bash at loft (2nd floor) I hope you guelphies can make it that's sick! Haha

As for the tips thanks a lot Ed ill try and get in contact with the promoter and see if i can swing by real quick to see what I'm dealing with.

Do you know off hand if i will need to change any of my traktor audio output settings?

Thanks
    Last edited by Martzehhh; 04-03-2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Sp

no, that should be not needed

like johney said. your traktor settings stay the same since you use the same output like you use at home.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

3 sets of wires you should bring and you should be covered for any situation. 1) RCA 2)TRS (Mono) 3)TRS male to XLR Male. I would hate for you to not be able to play because you thought you only needed to bring RCA's and you didnt bring a pair of the other wires I mentioned.

^as long as the club has a mixer plugged into the master RCA's will do.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    ^as long as the club has a mixer plugged into the master RCA's will do.
    Yea obviously.......but are you going to guarantee the OP that where the club is having him set-up there will be a mixer available for him to plug into? It's like $20-30 in cables depending on length. Better safe then sorry in this situation, and they're cables that the OP will prob need for events in the future

Tech Wizard

Yeah you might be able to get away with a few bigger tracks if you're playing a loft, considering your not like opening for some big producer and stuff. It'd be cool to come out but unfortunately I'm still lacking an ID. I'll be all good for my 2nd year as I turn 19 in august. But yeah, Good luck dude, kill it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast