Meeting your favorite DJ - Your reaction!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Meeting your favorite DJ - Your reaction!

Easter weekend here in Montreal means one thing to a lot of people including me: Bal en Blanc! It's the biggest rave we have and we get the biggest amount of great DJs in one weekend. This year, there was David Guetta, Calvin Harris (both not my thing but whatever), Armin van Buuren, Markus Shulz, Ferry Corsten, W&W, Nicole Moudaber and Dubfire to only name those guys.

Well I got very lucky and while waiting for Nicole Moudaber's set to start, she came up to my friends and I and started talking to us (thank God we spotted where the DJ entrance to the booth was!!!!!). My reaction: I froze and it took me until my boyfriend mentioned me to get out of the astonishment and talk to her. I managed to get two sentences out: "I love what you do" and "You are my greatest inspiration as a starting DJ".

So my question to you is, have you met your favorite DJ or DJ who inspires you the most and what was your reaction? If you haven't meet that person yet, who is it and how do you think you would react?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

Banned

I met BT when I was 14 at a signing, 14 years ago. Fuck, I'm old. I freaked out on the inside. I just said, "dude, you're the shit." Most recently, I ran into Amine Edge and Thug D.A.N.C.E. at a pool party. Nice guys. They looked at my girlfriend, got on their knees, and bowed. That was cool.

Hahaha nice!

(And 28 doesn't make you old )
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

ive met a few guys, arty, nicky romero, hardwell, chris lake. But the best was meeting Scott Kirkland of The Crystal Method. He was the coolest and most genuine dj I've ever met, when i started asking him some tech questions, he realized i was a dj, and invited me in the booth after the show, to look at the gear and talk.

I met Carl Cox at Cream (17 years ago!!!).

I called him a genius...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    ive met a few guys, arty, nicky romero, hardwell, chris lake. But the best was meeting Scott Kirkland of The Crystal Method. He was the coolest and most genuine dj I've ever met, when i started asking him some tech questions, he realized i was a dj, and invited me in the booth after the show, to look at the gear and talk.

brilliant
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Wizard

Got to chat with Dave the Drummer and Chris Liberator for a little bit back in 2004ish. Not superstars but they are a big part of the sound that really got me into electronic music. Both were pretty easy to talk to despite being fresh off a flight. Made my night.

I don't really geek out around famous people or musicians. The exception to that being the first time I met Danny Carey from Tool. All I could manage to really get out was "man.....derrr thank you, you have no idea....just thank you" He appeared amused. I shook his hand and went to turn around and he reminded me that I had brought a CD to get signed. hah.

Opened for Chali 2na from Jurassic 5. Easily one of my all time favorite rappers. He's a super super nice guy, and it was an honor to back up his crew with some scratching that night.
    I'm really into breaks/nuskoolbreaks, and also had the pleasure of playing with Deekline and the Stanton Warriors. After-partied with those guys, again really nice people.
    Went to Breakspoll in London last year and met all kinds of heads from that scene/genre. Everyone here seems to eat up house music....so no point in name dropping :P

I've had the chance to meet dj craze, porter robinson, cosmic gate, dvbbs and a fair amount of others. i always come off as a complete fruit cake, they were all really nice though
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Quote Originally Posted by JPrime
    Went to Breakspoll in London last year and met all kinds of heads from that scene/genre. Everyone here seems to eat up house music....so no point in name dropping :P
    You'd better START namedropping - I'd LOVE to hear who you met there!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast