PLEASE HELP - Traktor pro with vista
    Tech Mentor

Default PLEASE HELP - Traktor pro with vista

Hi Guys

I have now purchased the Traktor pro upgrade. It arrived yesterday and straight away i loaded it onto Sony Vaio running vista 32bit SP1 ( macbook pro is coming next month )

At first it recognised my Fast Track pro which was all good but then my VCI 100 didnt work with it ? The midi light on the desktop was lighting up but nothing was happening. I then imported the midi settings and hey presto it all started working.

Turned all on today and now it deosn't recognise my fast track pro or VCI 100 !

I have been scratching my head and getting f**ked off beyond belief all morning

Can anyone help ? What an i doing wrong ? Im hoping i am doing something really stupid!

Thanks in advance for the help guys much appreciated!

PS - What mapping should i upgrade too?

hey

not too sure of the details cos while i use PC's normally i'm on a mac for trackor, but one of the big things for PC users seems to be MIDI out.

As well as receiving them, the PC has the ability to send midi messages back to the VCI, for example to tell it what lights to turn on and off etc, and for PC's this seems to be a common cause of problems. The general advice is that you turn off Midi Out and while you do loose some of the lighting up of the buttons on the surface of the VCI, it seems to make it much more stable and play much better with the laptop.

k

I had a lot of trouble getting TSP going on my brothers vista machine. First it kept freezing up and the only way out was to crash it. After a lot of screwing around (and not being familiar with vista either) we got it going reliably. I found that starting the program in full screen mode seemed to be the cause of a lot of the problems for some reason? The computer has no web access so i have no idea what vista updates are on there, if any. The hercules and i-mix load up and work sweet on it now. XP black ftw ;p
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Cheers mate - have seen a few people saying that! Can't wait for MacBook pro to arrive it's annoying as I use a G5 iMac but obviously pro don't work on that! So have to use windows!

I'm also going to buy a better set of USB cables for both the vci and fast track pro

Thanks again for the advice mate

Tech Mentor

Would anyone know why now my fast track pro soundcard isnt recognised by Traktor Pro ? i have deinstalled and reinstalled the drivers but still no joy !

This is so frustrating as i have been using T3 LE on my G5 and it works a dream - paid the upgrade and wanted to start using it before my macbook pro arrives so have had to install on Vista machine and its shit!

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers