3 x cdj 2000 vs 3x cdj2000 nxs
    Tech Convert

Default 3 x cdj 2000 vs 3x cdj2000 nxs

A quick question:

Is it worth selling my 2x cdj 2000's and replacing them with 3x cdj 2000 nxs or is it better to buy 1x more cdj2000. Are the cdj 2000 nxs rly worth the upgrade?

Anyone that can shine a bit of light on the differences would be welcome

(Used for 3-4 deck techno layering)

Sounds like you can afford to do whatever you want...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

@Samui; if you want to focus more on effects and layering and not so much on keeping everything in time and you already have nexus mixer then the answer is a definite yes. If no to both, you can go and just get another 'normal' 2000 and spend the money you'll save on a nice holiday or something

Tech Mentor

big question is, do you use these standalone with Rekordbox analyzed files or do you use them to control software like Serato/Traktor/etc......?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    big question is, do you use these standalone with Rekordbox analyzed files or do you use them to control software like Serato/Traktor/etc......?
    I am using the cdj's with Rekordbox USB/HDD. I was playing with 2x xone:k2's but i would like to move away from needing the laptop. Anyway i have traded my existing 2 cdj 2000's for 2 brand new cdj 2000 nxs's (very good deal for me) and now it looks like i shall be getting a third, although there is a few teething problems with the cdj nxs's its nothing that future firmware updates cant fix.

Tech Mentor

oh nice!!! good move since you're all RB. I own 2 myself and LOVE them

what teething issues you see? I see some too just curious on others views also

Tech Convert

some prob with looping and sometimes slip mode but not major bugs,i also don't like how long it sometimes takes to load the tracks but this maybe my usb stick (didnt take aslong on my old cdj 2000's). Over all impressions are very positive and i didn't expect it to be perfect from the start so its just a matter of waiting for the fixes to come. Love the traffic light system

Tech Mentor

awesome, Yes I reported the slip mode bug, hopefully it is fixed soon.

I never had issues with tracks taking long to load so that "may be" the flash drive. I notice when the export is done, the hidden export.pdb file is fragmented to hell and slows some load times down, By copying the file off the drive, deleting it and copying back on defrags the file and it works a lot faster. I have a video on it if you're interested

Tech Convert

i shall give that a try thnx, Link please

Tech Mentor

I'll PM it to you shortly