Waveform stuttering issue with Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Default Waveform stuttering issue with Traktor Pro

    I installed Traktor Pro on a laptop I was not using which is a 13.3" Toshiba, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5550 2GB RAM, but noticing the occasional waveform stutter every like 15-20 seconds for like a quick second. It does not affect the audio output, but it is frustrating indeed.*

    I then installed it on a 14" Toshiba laptop that is like 6 years old with just 512MB RAM, T2050 Intel processor 1.6GHz and everything is working good. When I connect my DJC4 to this laptop there is no waveform sutter and I can mix with out any hiccups.

    Now my question is how come it works fine on the older laptop which has alot less RAM and under powered, but on my newer laptop I get the waveform stutter happening. My laptop has the bare basics on it since I did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro operating system and just TP software on there. The older laptop has Windows XP Media Center version. Both have the Intel Mobile Express Chipset for video only difference is my newer one is 965 version and older one is 945GM version.

    Anyone know how I can fix the stuttering problem with my laptop? The CPU usage is very low so I don't know why the waveform is doing the stuttering.

  2. #2
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    446

    Default

    It could be a ton of things. Maybe something running in the background? Dropbox and iCloud give me spikes as they try to sync every few seconds. If it doesn't affect the audio, it doesn't matter.

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joemann002 View Post
    I installed Traktor Pro on a laptop I was not using which is a 13.3" Toshiba, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5550 2GB RAM, but noticing the occasional waveform stutter every like 15-20 seconds for like a quick second. It does not affect the audio output, but it is frustrating indeed.*

    I then installed it on a 14" Toshiba laptop that is like 6 years old with just 512MB RAM, T2050 Intel processor 1.6GHz and everything is working good. When I connect my DJC4 to this laptop there is no waveform sutter and I can mix with out any hiccups.

    Now my question is how come it works fine on the older laptop which has alot less RAM and under powered, but on my newer laptop I get the waveform stutter happening. My laptop has the bare basics on it since I did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro operating system and just TP software on there. The older laptop has Windows XP Media Center version. Both have the Intel Mobile Express Chipset for video only difference is my newer one is 965 version and older one is 945GM version.

    Anyone know how I can fix the stuttering problem with my laptop? The CPU usage is very low so I don't know why the waveform is doing the stuttering.

    This seems to be a random hardware Traktor anomaly, my wave form is not smooth scrolling period at all... even after a Fresh Install of Windows 7, 24 gb of Ram, Quad Core i7 with Solid State Drives.

    Yet my buddies old arse toshiba has no issues. Makes very little sense, and of course you get copy and paste responses from NI and everyone else and their mom about it (Turn off extra programs blah blah blah) Its clearly not the issue as ive tried the barest bones of installations JUST to see, and still.. no bueno so now i just deal with it as I hardly use the wave forms anyways

  4. #4
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    It could be a ton of things. Maybe something running in the background? Dropbox and iCloud give me spikes as they try to sync every few seconds. If it doesn't affect the audio, it doesn't matter.
    No offense to you but im tired of this response. At 24 gb of ram, Quad Core, and a 660 GTX 2 GB Video Card... I should be able to watch a movie and still get smooth wave forms. I swear Native Instruments randomly places 7 year old children into their code development team to roll our some of their drivers and software updates.

  5. #5
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    No offense to you but im tired of this response. At 24 gb of ram, Quad Core, and a 660 GTX 2 GB Video Card... I should be able to watch a movie and still get smooth wave forms. I swear Native Instruments randomly places 7 year old children into their code development team to roll our some of their drivers and software updates.
    None taken. I get what you mean, but if it's not affecting the audio, what does it matter? It could be a million different things.

  6. #6
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    None taken. I get what you mean, but if it's not affecting the audio, what does it matter? It could be a million different things.
    I like pretty smooth colors? I dunno.. Non perfection is a pet peve of mine.. and thats the only damn thing wrong wtih that Machine/traktor setup lol

    Ive seen completely identical mac books.. fresh from the boxes do opposite things.. I might just be more curious.. as a career developer to know wtf is going on hehe

  7. #7
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    446

    Default

    My waveforms stutter too, but it hasn't really bothered me. Now, I'm going to get a complex. Actually, after using the Traktor DJ app, it's kind of annoying how much better the waveforms look in that vs. the real version of Traktor.

  8. #8
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    My waveforms stutter too, but it hasn't really bothered me. Now, I'm going to get a complex. Actually, after using the Traktor DJ app, it's kind of annoying how much better the waveforms look in that vs. the real version of Traktor.
    They need to release that for other platforms.. but I dont own, want or need any Apple products.. So I gotta wait until NI Apple Love fest dies down slightly, and they decide to actually target 95 percent of the market lol Sad Panda here

  9. #9
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    446

    Default

    I bought the iPad for Traktor DJ. It was my first Apple product. iOS is an absolute bitch of a platform. I despise it. The iPad is cool for what it does, but it's so unbelievably limited because of the restrictions Apple puts on it. It's incredibly frustrating.

  10. #10
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Im still waiting for a Tablet that doesnt annoy the crap out of me.. So the Ipad isnt alone in that game heh. Windows 8 is a complete waste of time, and I cant stand the Android OS.. Im SOL for awhile I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •