there is another box you open i think and i cant look at it tonight
    but it has everything to do with the latency in the midi signal

its there, and you can set it for
    1ms
    2ms
    3ms
    4ms
    5ms

when i get my ass up after tonights gig in the morning ill take a look. im not 100% positive but i think its what you are looking for
    its in your traktor preferances though..... hold tight
    Any update? Do I need to adjust or change values in the ASIO settings? I don't see a place on TP preferences where we can set it to like 1ms, 2ms, etc.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    there is another box you open i think and i cant look at it tonight
    but it has everything to do with the latency in the midi signal

its there, and you can set it for
    1ms
    2ms
    3ms
    4ms
    5ms

when i get my ass up after tonights gig in the morning ill take a look. im not 100% positive but i think its what you are looking for
    its in your traktor preferances though..... hold tight
    Yep id love to see this too... Since the only place you are going to change message burst speeds is within the driver specs itsself. Right now you are just making up settings that dont exist

MIDI Latency is pretty much a 30 year standard coming in under 2 ms. Only suggestions I have is using a 5 pin MIDI connect from the controller to your midi in if you have one. Possibly update your USB drivers if it is USB based.

But once Antifmradio tells us all how to magically adjust midi latency by number.. Im sure people will flock to him and hes going to make some money. Since I doubt Native Instruments even knows about this setting.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann002 View Post
    Any update? Do I need to adjust or change values in the ASIO settings? I don't see a place on TP preferences where we can set it to like 1ms, 2ms, etc.
    Sorry joemann002, Turns out i had to play both Friday AND saturday night this weekend. Im just getting up and just got my stuff all rigged up again, and i went into my traktor settings to that area i remembered.

Now, like i said (and you can see it in my original message) where im trying to remember specifically what the settings were for and i said "I Think" its what you are looking for.

See attached image. If it isnt big enough, let me know and ill email it to you because i dont know if DJTT forums (attachment) reduces the pics.

THis one is larger http://www.antifmradio.com/uploads/t...dio-buffer.gif
    traktor-audio-buffer.jpg

In there you can see how i got to that screen

Preferences > Audio Setup >
    I have my latency slider down to 96 but i didnt really put it there....
    next to it click "SETTINGS"
    and that extra dialog box opens up.

It has two tabs. Audio Settings and Diagnostics. You want Audio Settings (yes i know you said midi in your first post here but just go with it)
    Look at the USB BUFFER. i have it set at 2ms

What is yours set at before you even change it.
    If it higher?
    If it is and you didnt do that, it could have adjusted itself when you moved your latency higher because of any issues previously.

Like i said originally here, i did NOT set it at 96. It set itself there when i adjusted mine to "2ms" and click the X on the dialog box.

I hope that helps mate. Make your adjustment and close EVERYTHING
    then reopen TSPro and give it a go.
    When making changes like this, i always shut the software down and reopen just to make sure its all saved in.

Let us know what happens buddy
    Last edited by antifmradio; 04-07-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: attachemtnt is too small

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Yep id love to see this too... Since the only place you are going to change message burst speeds is within the driver specs itsself. Right now you are just making up settings that dont exist

MIDI Latency is pretty much a 30 year standard coming in under 2 ms. Only suggestions I have is using a 5 pin MIDI connect from the controller to your midi in if you have one. Possibly update your USB drivers if it is USB based.

But once Antifmradio tells us all how to magically adjust midi latency by number.. Im sure people will flock to him and hes going to make some money. Since I doubt Native Instruments even knows about this setting.
    Please see my reply to joemann002.
    And let me know if you would like to discuss the nature of your reply here.
    Im not out to make up settings, as you can see in the attached image
    but most importantly, when someone starts a thread here where they are looking for help

dont waste their time by posting something like this for the public to be wasting their time with.
    If you have a problem or doubt my "attempt and remembering his needed solution" then it would have been best to send me a PM or research it on your own.

The biggest waste of joemann002 time in this thread and anyone else who finds it via a search would be a reply like yours, turning this thread into something its not.

balakoth i at least hope i have also shown you something in a setting you didnt know about as well my friend.
    We are all here learning things. So try to help out.

yea i just tried to open that attachement
    its pretty small so use this image instread

http://www.antifmradio.com/uploads/t...dio-buffer.gif

Tech Mentor

yea i just tried to open that attachement
    its pretty small so use this image instread

http://www.antifmradio.com/uploads/t...dio-buffer.gif
    That has nothing to do with MIDI Latency.. sorry

His audio buffer will affect the audible difference he can hear when he presses a midi command it changes the audio in some way as the delay to process it is affected by such. But this in no way affects the on screen GUI changes related to his midi commands.
    Last edited by balakoth; 04-07-2013 at 12:25 PM.

the only other thing i can think of at this point (since we are also talking GUI)
    is either RAM or processor.
    IF the issue is happening the same way across different programs then i doubt is the programs
    and instead........ the above two items.

Everything else in the chain of what happens is directly AUDIO related.

Tech Mentor

the only other thing i can think of at this point (since we are also talking GUI)
    is either RAM or processor.
    IF the issue is happening the same way across different programs then i doubt is the programs
    and instead........ the above two items.

Everything else in the chain of what happens is directly AUDIO related.
    Everything is always a possibility. I just don't understand where audio is related to any of this. two very separate things.. They are simple byte messages. There is no complex processing involved and several concurrent MIDI Messages can be sent in the same packets or even between audio buffers as its handled by its own device/host (IE: Generic MIDI Driver vs ASIO Driver), which is why I suggested he try a 5 pin MIDI Cable and try t just as a controller.. If it works fine through his 5 pin, that would indicate an issue with the USB host drivers, or the USB hardware in general (on the computer side... Possibly controller side) or best case scenario just the USB cord

Midi Cable direct,Cables, Connections, Drivers for USB the things I would check

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12