Son of a BITCH someone caught me Traktor Facing!

Default Son of a BITCH someone caught me Traktor Facing!

This was at the club last week
    im going there again tonight and MAN i am in a rush to get outta here

see i work til 930pm
    the club starts at 10pm
    but i still need to stop at home and get my wifey.
    i get home at 10pm
    and i quick run to the club by 1030

AHAHAH
    then i still need to unpack and setup

S2
    External
    headphones
    cables
    extensions (2 of them)
    Midi Fighter
    F1
    Laptop
    and always my little step stool because im short HAAHHA ( just kidding)
    im just posting becaues i got some time to kill right now however there WAS something i wanted to post about.

Just lastnight i thought of doing something to help my sets at the club.
    Im not prone to working off a set-list of songs to play because that doesnt follow any atmosphere at the club,
    however i did realize, if it crowd goes a bit sideways and starts to slow down (naturally because im pulling a few bad ones out of my heads)
    i can help this along by creating a short setlist to be my GO TO set from time to time

Its like having a few "preparation lists" in traktor

There are obviously some songs that just work like MAGIC together
    and this happened while i was playing around last night at home mixing with no one around.

yes it was one of those moments where you end up saying "Why cant there be a crowd here right now?!?!" This sounds awesome!

ok so when i was done messing around with tracks
    i checked my Traktor HISTORY folder, and there they were.

Rightclick - Import to playlists.

this had like 4 tracks in it so i broke them up into sections so i can rip the energy back into shape in about 2 or 3 songs instead of playing the entire set list.

Doing this (separation) also means that my weekly sets at the club, wont end up repetitive.

See, it just goes to show you.
    Never stop practicing
    and
    most importantly, no matter WHAT you are doing "ALWAYS HIT RECORD"

Doing playlists(or crates ) is a must.

I'm sure many have fallen into the trap of not organizing ourselves with lists and such, and this is where it makes some of our sets diluted.
    Back in the day of vinyl, you used to prepare your crate, you selected a general mood.
    We lost that pre-selection habit (which breeds overall laziness to the preparation process) ...

It's work, much like sorting your records.

Personally I didn't really do playlists most of the time and that was making it hard especially for residencies.

So now I have monthly playlists with that months favorites, I rate the tracks according to energy level, I build playlists for specific events, have some lists with overall moods/vibes(opener, deep, peak, etc).

Got into the habit over six months ago(for a residency where I play 5 hours straight) and it's helped a LOT.

And we always also have the option of accessing our whole collection if something isn't in a playlist

When I used to gig out with CD's or vinyl i didnt really plan a whole set because it was easier to just flick through your records or CD folder for inspiration. But i had 'go to' records that would lift the dance floor. I had a little routine worked out with 3 floor fillers that I knew I could mix perfectly and they just went together like fish and chips!

I find I do a lot more preparation now I'm all digital because I find searching through my collection on the laptop boring as hell!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Nice big Pink KNOBS.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Ehhhh, that didn't come right. Strike that.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Traktor Facing when someone is taking a picture? We all know that feel, or at least I do :/
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Tech Mentor

I've always got at least 10 playlists stored in Traktor at any time. I don't ever play a full list but will jump between them and track collection to suit the night.

I keep my MBP way off to the side these days to try and avoid Traktor face, way to easy to get sucked into the screen. At least looking at buttons in front of you encourages you to press them.

I'd LOVE a touchscreen tablet that you could use for navigation. It would only show the browser, no decks or fx. Just for selecting and loading tracks.

Then you could leave your laptop closed and out of harms way.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Ehhhh, that didn't come right. Strike that.
    screw that
    we all knew what you ment.
    Glad you noticed my big pink knobs