Quick audio 8 question

Default Quick audio 8 question

been cross/down/up-grading some gear to get my 2nd setup back up and running for home use. I used to gig with a DJM 800 and Audio 8, but I'm moving that into a static setup now which is part of my question.
    I'm still trying to find that steal on an M3D, so I'm currently using one technic, and two CDJ's. Now I'm really used to using vinyl control, and like to scratch. Am I able to use my turntable on channel C/5&6 on the audio 8? Primarily, I want to use the CDJ's as my main A & B channels, and then use the technics on 3 (and 4 when I find a good deal again). The combination of HID with the CDJ's and 4 years of using the same keyboard hotcues makes me really sort of want to stay on A & B if possible and delegate the 3rd (and 4th) channel to scratching, samples, loops, and/or 3rd/4th songs.

TL;DR
    Does vinyl control work on output 5/6 from the audio 8?

Tech Guru

Input 5/6 is either Line or a Mic input and 7/8 is Line only, with that being said, maybe I didnt understand you, but you can use any input on the Audio 8 and have it control any deck in Traktor. So Input A can control Deck A,B,C,D.

You'd have to get a phono preamp for inputs 5/6 7/8 and it should work. Or, way cheaper, as manchild pointed out - route the timecode from inputs 1/2 3/4 to decks C and D and your outputs as you see fit.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Re-route FTW.

reroute seems like the way to go. Thanks for the help guys.

And for the record, I understand I totally could/should have just read the manual, I know. Time is an incredibly valuable thing with a 1 year old and a pregnant wife though. heh.

Well, that might be in the manual, but I can't remember it being specific enough that it'd blatantly say "you can totally swap things around to the point of getting lost and accomodating all kinds of crazy setups"

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    reroute seems like the way to go. Thanks for the help guys.

And for the record, I understand I totally could/should have just read the manual, I know. Time is an incredibly valuable thing with a 1 year old and a pregnant wife though. heh.
    Yea dude it's no biggie....honestly I didnt even think it was a dumb question. I have an audio 8 on my coffee table in front of me constantly and didnt even realize till u asked and I looked at it that 5/6 only had a mic pre and 7/8 didnt have any at all