Vinyl Sound with Traktor S2?
    Tech Wizard

Default Vinyl Sound with Traktor S2?

Weird question, but how can I get a vinyl sound out of the S2 when I spin the jog wheels?

I like the "effect" of spinning the jog wheel backwards then killing a track, but I can't get a good sound out of it like on CDJ's. Does it relate to the speed of turning it? Or is there a setting?

Thanks.

Tech Wizard

It relates to Traktor, lol.

I tried to achieve the same for months now, and I just gave up. It's impossible to have spinback sounds on Traktor sounding the same as CDJ's.

Also, it's impossible on CDJ's to have the spinbacks sounding the same as Turntables.

Quote Originally Posted by locksmith View Post
    Weird question, but how can I get a vinyl sound out of the S2 when I spin the jog wheels?

I like the "effect" of spinning the jog wheel backwards then killing a track, but I can't get a good sound out of it like on CDJ's. Does it relate to the speed of turning it? Or is there a setting?

Thanks.
    The s2/s4 don't do spinbacks because of their magnetic breaking jogwheels.

It's really not hard. Just spin the record back with your hand all the way until you want it to stop. Takes practice but it does sound good when you eventually get it right.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl