Traktor effects start late?
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor effects start late?

I know I've seen a thread on this before, but I couldn't find it with the search. Basically, when I start a Traktor effect, namely the TurntableFX, it takes a couple of beats before it actually starts. I remember the thread I saw about it before was using the beatmasher. Sometimes it doesn't do it, but we're talking 90% of the time, it does it. Anyone know what the cause is?

Running Windows 8, Traktor S4.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quantize?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Quantize?
    I was thinking that, but I have quantise and snap turned off because I cue point juggle a lot. Let me do a quick test and see if it is just me being stupid.

Also, I noticed that after the first time it's late, it's absolute fine every time after that.

EDIT: Further testing shows it happens every time I load up the effect. Delay and reverb work absolutely fine, but when I hold SHIFT and press the effect on button to cycle through my effects and select TurntableFX, it will then lag.
    Last edited by Sambo; 04-07-2013 at 11:54 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

TTFX takes a eight beat count for track to load in to buffer.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    TTFX takes a eight beat count for track to load in to buffer.
    It's designed like that? Wow that sucks. Is there any way to avoid this? Or do I have to switch it on in the background 8 beats in advance? Cause I'm not an effects heavy guy, it's just a really useful feature when hopping around BPMs quickly with no break point coming up.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Yep, you need to think in advance and load TTFX for one bar before use. Same goes for Reverse Grain effect with exception of four bit count and there's no workaround. Whet you can do is to set up four FX units and use one slot and load this effect so you can effectively use it at any time (it's how I play). Note that switching Unit ON buttons in mixer section will also reset TTFX buffer for next 8 beats.