Am I The Only One Mad At This?
    Tech Convert

Default Am I The Only One Mad At This?

Am I the only one mad that DJing has become almost pathetic and that we have lost the true meaning of 'disc jockey'. Nowadays anyone can go and buy a digital DJ controller for $100. I am just mad that vinyl timecode is gone and a DJ is becoming less of a DJ. Thats just me. Anyone else?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bobwont View Post
    Am I the only one mad that DJing has become almost pathetic and that we have lost the true meaning of 'disc jockey'. Nowadays anyone can go and buy a digital DJ controller for $100. I am just mad that vinyl timecode is gone and a DJ is becoming less of a DJ. Thats just me. Anyone else?
    obvious troll is obvious

You do know that this digital age of djing has allowed djs to become 10x more creative. Guys like Hawtin, dubfire, Liebing and many others use the sync function to be creative they mix 4 decks at once with maschine running and traktors audio routed through ableton so they can use their own effects. This would not have been possible 10+ years ago when vinyl was still being used by the big djs.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    You do know that this digital age of djing has allowed djs to become 10x more creative. Guys like Hawtin, dubfire, Liebing and many others use the sync function to be creative they mix 4 decks at once with maschine running and traktors audio routed through ableton so they can use their own effects. This would not have been possible 10+ years ago when vinyl was still being used by the big djs.
    Yes, I am aware of that. Which is a great point you make. I am just saying it is annoying that anyone can go out and buy a $200 set and call themself a DJ.

The true meaning of 'disk jockey' is to play some music that people enjoy and might even have a bit of a boogie to. The rest is BS that only a DJ would get upset about. Anyone can call themself whatever they want but eventually everyone will have to prove themselves.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 04-06-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud