Behringer U-Control UCA222 for Ableton + Traktor
    Tech Convert

Default Behringer U-Control UCA222 for Ableton + Traktor

Hey everyone!

I have recently been trying different ways to use Ableton and Traktor together. I tried using them separately and synced, and also routed Traktor into Ableton as shown in the Dubspot tutorial. Both of these didn't really fit how i wanted it to, i liked being able to use Ableton effects and VST plugins over whats playing in Traktor but i didn't really like how i couldnt cue and also my Kontrol Z2 faders weren't working.

My idea is to run Ableton into Traktor via dual audio interfaces, similar to Arkaei's live setup ( http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/12/1...winning-setup/ ). Since i don't have a Virus TI to use as my Ableton audio interface, i was wondering if the Behringer U-Control UCA222 would do the job? It would be running as the Audio Interface for Ableton and would run RCA out of the UCA222 and into Deck B input.

My setup consists of:

Kontrol Z2
    Technics 1210 MK2 (most likely not going to be in use during Traktor + Ableton setting)
    Kontrol F1 (traktor)
    Midi Fighter Pro (traktor)
    Launchpad (monome setting, ableton)
    TouchOSC iPad (LiveControl, ableton)
    Oxygen 49 (ableton)

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Diioh123 View Post
    Hey everyone!

I have recently been trying different ways to use Ableton and Traktor together. I tried using them separately and synced, and also routed Traktor into Ableton as shown in the Dubspot tutorial. Both of these didn't really fit how i wanted it to, i liked being able to use Ableton effects and VST plugins over whats playing in Traktor but i didn't really like how i couldnt cue and also my Kontrol Z2 faders weren't working.

My idea is to run Ableton into Traktor via dual audio interfaces, similar to Arkaei's live setup ( http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/12/1...winning-setup/ ). Since i don't have a Virus TI to use as my Ableton audio interface, i was wondering if the Behringer U-Control UCA222 would do the job? It would be running as the Audio Interface for Ableton and would run RCA out of the UCA222 and into Deck B input.

My setup consists of:

Kontrol Z2
    Technics 1210 MK2 (most likely not going to be in use during Traktor + Ableton setting)
    Kontrol F1 (traktor)
    Midi Fighter Pro (traktor)
    Launchpad (monome setting, ableton)
    TouchOSC iPad (LiveControl, ableton)
    Oxygen 49 (ableton)

Thank you!

Dear Diioh123,

Yes, you may use a UCA222 as an audio merge between Traktor and Live. UCA222 has stereo in and out. I think this will be a great replacement. This works great because the majority of your gear is USB (MIDI I/O emulated) - you will not need much for a MIDI sync. You will find great success following the Arkaei's setup. Mad Zach's write up and video for Traktor/Live sync is a great source as well!

You may also contact our CARE department at any time!

ontact us by phone at (1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (44) 1562 732290 in Europe or via email at care@music-group.com.

Kind Regards,
    Zac Ross
    Jr. Admin, Tech Support
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER