DDM400 vs Firebox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default DDM400 vs Firebox

Hey guys,

more newbish questions, but here I go...

I like the idea of being able to physically use a mixer with traktor and my vci-100, but then again I could just mix internally with a soundcard...

Should I:

a.) Buy a Behringer DDM4000 and get a MIDI to USB chord and use the internal sound card on the mixer as my soundcard?

b) Buy a presonus firebox and mix internally?

By using the ddm4000, will i lose much quality by using usb instead of a firewire connection? and if i was playing in a club, is it a huge issue if i have my own mixer?

any help would be grande

The ddm-4000 is just a mixer with midi capabilities dude. You will still need to run a soundcard into it. I would get the firebox and program the ddm to complement your vci eg. do the eq'ing on the behringer and the mixing side of things on the vestax
    Last edited by Jester; 08-30-2009 at 07:10 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

will i? from what i've been told you can use it as a soundcard too

I could be wrong about that but i would check it out first man. If so, then sweet!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

yeah, maybe i'll just wait to see if anyone else replies :P

thanks though man, i'll research a bit more (y)

i've got the manual on pdf i'll check that out.

the ddm4000 doesn't not have a soundcard. like mentioned it is a dj mixer with midi.

personally i would get a better quality mixer without midi and the firebox.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I agree.
    The midi functions of the DDM are pretty pointless as you have a VCI 100.
    Get the Presonus. Then you are guaranteed first class sound quality.

You have a mixer on the VCI if you want to mix internally.

If you really want an external mixer, get one that has nothing that you dont need like FX/Midi etc cus you have all that on the VCI. Just get a simple but quality mixer.

Tech Guru

If you guys can point out a better 4 channel in the price range of the ddm4000 I would love to hear about it (as I was planning on getting that one).
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
    If you guys can point out a better 4 channel in the price range of the ddm4000 I would love to hear about it (as I was planning on getting that one).
    Same here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast