Surprise Booking Help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Surprise Booking Help!

I just got a call that in one week I will be playing the same venue two nights in a row. It is a college bar and the first night is a beer pong night and the second night is just a general club night! I typically play electro/techno/house at this bar and it goes over well. Any tips for any of you who have played things like beer pong nights or two nights in a row at the same bar?

Tech Guru

dont really have much in advice, but if you seem to know the crowd over there, then just keep doing what you do, and as always with a diverse college crowd, just be ready to switch the vibe as needed on a moments notice. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    dont really have much in advice, but if you seem to know the crowd over there, then just keep doing what you do, and as always with a diverse college crowd, just be ready to switch the vibe as needed on a moments notice. Good luck
    Cheers mate! Thanks!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    beer pong night
    What is this "beer pong" you speak of ?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    What is this "beer pong" you speak of ?
    Beer Pong

Here's my tip : Don't play the same set twice.
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ah... right.

Yeah I DJ'd for the local Universitys Male and Female Rugby teams weekly night out for some time.
    They got absolutely plastered (girls and boys). The lads all wanted to hear electro (basic chart stuff), the girls wanted pop.

Usually ended up with most of the fellas naked (why to rugby players get naked so much) and playing drinking games till they puked.
    The girls would dance and try to look feminine (as feminine as a women rugby player can) to impress the lads who were in no fit state anyway.

It was actually quite good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeDreams View Post
    Here's my tip : Don't play the same set twice.
    I'm not Avicii so no worries! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Ah... right.

Yeah I DJ'd for the local Universitys Male and Female Rugby teams weekly night out for some time.
    They got absolutely plastered (girls and boys). The lads all wanted to hear electro (basic chart stuff), the girls wanted pop.

Usually ended up with most of the fellas naked (why to rugby players get naked so much) and playing drinking games till they puked.
    The girls would dance and try to look feminine (as feminine as a women rugby player can) to impress the lads who were in no fit state anyway.

It was actually quite good fun.
    Dope! Well drunk patrons are dancing patrons I suppose! Hahah

tUG4jVj.jpg

Flyer Action!

drunk college kids equals requests. be prepared. be chill as fuck with everyone and have fun man. don't stress it
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast