Mad Zach Soundpack software not available for PC? WHY??

Default Mad Zach Soundpack software not available for PC? WHY??

When I saw the Mad Zach Soundpacks, I wanted them for my MIDI Fighter Spectra. When I saw that they had software, I was psyched. I went and bought both volumes and got downloaded the software. Apparently, the software only works with Mac OS X. I can't afford a Mac and I'm probably not worthy of one. I have Tractor 2 but I don't understand how to use the soundpacks on my MIDI Fighter in those programs. Can anyone please point me in the right direction so I don't feel so stupid? I'm really new to the DJ scene and could use some help here.

Ryo The 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by RyoThe3rd View Post
    When I saw the Mad Zach Soundpacks, I wanted them for my MIDI Fighter Spectra. When I saw that they had software, I was psyched. I went and bought both volumes and got downloaded the software. Apparently, the software only works with Mac OS X. I can't afford a Mac and I'm probably not worthy of one. I have Tractor 2 but I don't understand how to use the soundpacks on my MIDI Fighter in those programs. Can anyone please point me in the right direction so I don't feel so stupid? I'm really new to the DJ scene and could use some help here.

Ryo The 3rd
    "Not worthy of one"? Macs aren't some sort of magical creature like a unicorn, you know... they're just overpriced, underspecced alternatives with an Apple logo on them.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure to use the Mad Zach stuff without his software you'll need an alternative like Ableton or something else capable of playing samples back. There's probably freeware alternatives out there, Google for one.

i've downloaded a few of the soundpacks from the newsletters and they have all contained traktor versions as well as wav files. you should be able to load them into a remix deck and play them using your midi fighter spectra.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    i've downloaded a few of the soundpacks from the newsletters and they have all contained traktor versions as well as wav files. you should be able to load them into a remix deck and play them using your midi fighter spectra.
    Like I said. I don't know how to do that. I know how to hook up my S2 to Tractor. No problem. But I don't understand how to get the MIDI Fighter to work with it. I'm pretty dumb with these things and have a lot to learn.

It's just a collection of samples. Use it with whatever your sampler of choice is. There's no reason why you have to use his software.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I email him recently to get an idea of when it would become open to Windows OS, he said it would be about 2 months. But yes, he said they will work in Traktor and of course Ableton.

Well, I'm still trying to learn how all this works. I'm about as rookie as they come. I have Traktor Pro 2, but I don't know how to connect the MIDI Fighter to it to play samples on it. I've tried looking around, but all I can find is how to configure the buttons to play the remix decks. Is that what I'm looking for? If so, that's only remix decks for a device with 16 buttons. Am I missing something?