Slow response/pick up Traktor timecode
    Tech Student

Default Slow response/pick up Traktor timecode

Hi

Only posted in here once before.

I use Traktor timecode vinyl with Technics sl1200, Butter Rug slipmats and Shure m44g carts and needles. The slipmats, carts and needles are new. I use an Apple Macbook Pro.

When I'm using regular vinyl and I touch the record to speed it up or slow it down the pick up is really fast as you would expect from Technics. Obviously there are differences depending on the weight and quality of the vinyl. I prefer to use just the pitch to beatmatch and make adjustments however when I use the timecode I have noticed that the pick up is quite slow. It reminds me of the old belt drive turntables I had. If I touch the timecode it really is quite slow to get back to the correct speed.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I could resolve this I would be very grateful.

Cheers

G

Old thread but I have the same complaint/issue. Releasing a track on beat is next to impossible because of the poor response.
    I went from vinyl, to controller, to dabbling with DVS/Scratch. I'm wondering if it's the nature of the (DVS) beast or if I don't have something configured correctly.
    Brand new needles, Tech M3Ds, MacBook Air (latency below 10ms). Any thoughts?
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX
    Soundcloud|Mixcrate|Mixcloud|Facebook

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Xtian317 View Post
    Old thread but I have the same complaint/issue. Releasing a track on beat is next to impossible because of the poor response.
    I went from vinyl, to controller, to dabbling with DVS/Scratch. I'm wondering if it's the nature of the (DVS) beast or if I don't have something configured correctly.
    Brand new needles, Tech M3Ds, MacBook Air (latency below 10ms). Any thoughts?
    Hi

I actually resolved the problem. I was using the Butter rug slipmats and these were creating the problem. Put on the thick Technics ones and that sorted the issue.

Give it a try.

Cheers
    G