Played out for my 1st gig, 6.5 hours. Aweseome! Traktor skipping/stalling issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Speak and spell and dr boss sampler for back up

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    While id sentiment get a PC.. we cant start that here.. Ive read so many people here that ditch their Windows machine to pay an extra 1 grand for the Mac OS. To each their own, you wont convince them otherwise, a brand is a brand and the logo is what sells anymore, no matter the over inflated price.

(Buddy almost crapped his pants when I showed him what it would cost to build my equivalent studio machine from the Apple store, and that's without the Liquid Cooling I have and Crossfired ATIs hehe.) If it works it works, if you got the cash to burn, whatever.
    Mac and Windows PCs both have their uses. People involved in live audio performance don't buy Macs for the brand name.

This problem sounds like a hardware fault with the S4; I had a similar problem during a performance which is one of the reasons I got rid of the controller.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Oevl View Post
    Yeah, for the same reasons I cut meat with stones and I take pictures with this :
    Attachment 16843

Fuck the digital, fuck 2013, fuck the people, I'll Dj alone.
    I still like digital but will never fully depend on a midi controller alone. S4 is a midi controller only. Not as dependable as a analog/digital mixer

When i had my S4 I ran it out to a 2 channel analog mixer just in case there were issues
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

So I pulled the platter off using that youtube video (holding the nudge area tight with one hand, then turning the top platter clockwise). I then re-installed it (counter clockwise).

I re-ran the calibration and it calibrated right up immediately (no issues). I can't get it to fault again, but I am unsure of a quality test.

Does anyone have pre-gig test they use to ensure their controller setup? Like maybe a test for the jog wheels. Maybe another test to push the limits of the load to see how the system is performing?

I just want to have confidence in my equipment. It's not like my confidence is completely blown with this issue. Problems can happen with anything, but it's not a situation I would like to repeat.

On another note, on my way to the gig I had put my S4 in my RoadRunner hard case. It's a wonderful case and the S4 is perfectly protected. Though, I had put my XLR cables this time on top of the S4 before closing the lid to the case. They were probably sitting right on the platters. I wonder if this is what made things go bad. I wont be doing that again.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Mac and Windows PCs both have their uses. People involved in live audio performance don't buy Macs for the brand name.

This problem sounds like a hardware fault with the S4; I had a similar problem during a performance which is one of the reasons I got rid of the controller.
    You are right they buy them because Macs are easier to setup and they are completely computer inept in which they have road techs who handle all of that for them. Who also probably are not all that quick upstairs with that kinda thing either :P

Well, I have both Mac's and PC's. I have been working in IT supporting windows 99% of the time for about 23 years. I choose Mac for my laptop. I thought about setting up my Lenovo Ideapad Yoga (windows 8) laptop with a full copy of my Traktor setup. Though, I was under the impression that Traktor worked better in OSX.

Tech Guru

Audio in general works better on OSX than Windows, but your problem doesn't seem software related anyway.

As you have a subwoofer and other large speakers you could try directing some vibrations at the S4 to try and recreate the jog wheel fault. I'd put in a warranty claim if it happens again.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Audio in general works better on OSX than Windows, but your problem doesn't seem software related anyway.

As you have a subwoofer and other large speakers you could try directing some vibrations at the S4 to try and recreate the jog wheel fault. I'd put in a warranty claim if it happens again.
    Not a bad idea. Maybe I will setup my S4 on my bass speaker for a little while. That should rattle it a bunch.

Ok well, the problem is back. I can reproduce it 100% of the time. I am making a youtube video now so I can contact NI to show them the problem. SIGH!!! And I just ordered a Kontrol F1 last night.

On another note, I contacted Guitar Center since I bought the S4 back in February. They wont help me. They said contact NI. That is a disappointment. I will link up the youtube video here shortly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast