I made it out of the bedroom! UPDATE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default I made it out of the bedroom! UPDATE

Hey guys,

I posted a few days ago here about winning a contest down here and earning a spot at one of the bigger local clubs.

So many of you gave me such useful advice I feel inclined to tell you all how it went.

9:30PM; I show up precisely an hour before the gig like everyone said to set up all my stuff. The DJ I was opening for showed up to help me out.

10PM; we're good to go. 3 DJ's crammed into a 5 foot booth. 3 Laptops, an S2, an S4, midi fighters, mixers and turntables (So wish i got a picture haha).

10:15PM; no promoters in sight. Bar manager from the third floor comes down (its a 3 story bar) freaking out because they didn't book a DJ for the top floor.

10:30PM; All my gear is set up on the top floor, I play a bang out a solid 2 hour set. Realize there is nothing to be nervous about.

12:30PM; I get free bottle service for the rest of the night and am offered a gig every friday.

Thanks a ton for the words of wisdom before I played DJTT community I had no idea the DJ community was so tight. I'm not sure if I'll actually get to play every friday (overall bad experience with promoters so far) but it's definitely a start to an awesome DJ experience.

Cheers,

3M

ps. Here's a sample of some of the stuff I got to bang out my first gig. http://www.mixcloud.com/Martzehhh/roller-coaster/

Congrats! That's how a 1st gig should go!

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

That's awesome man. I've been djing a residency for almost a year. I start at 10 every night but I'm always nervous before/butterflies. It's natural to be anxious. And once u get in the zone, it's a great feeling. Congrats.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    That's awesome man. I've been djing a residency for almost a year. I start at 10 every night but I'm always nervous before/butterflies. It's natural to be anxious. And once u get in the zone, it's a great feeling. Congrats.
    Is that a weekly residency? Hope I lose the pre-set nerves after playing that amount of gigs!

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    Is that a weekly residency? Hope I lose the pre-set nerves after playing that amount of gigs!
    Yea it's every Saturday.. And u kno what... U should hope u don't lose that feeling. It means u care what u sound like and u care how u perform. The moment I lose that feeling... Maybe it's time to move on. Keep on keepin on.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Tech Convert

Wauw great story, actually got excited for you. Guess it couldn't get better. Have fun and good luck with the weekly residency, gratz.

Tech Mentor

Awsome matey, im glad it went well... best thing is you have now started your networking!!!
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Mentor

Congrats

Congratz!
    I hope I get such offer aswell in some months!

Nice story

Tech Mentor

siccckkk story!! Thats soo cool man. Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast