Have you ever been pleasantly suprised at a gig?? Read...

Default Have you ever been pleasantly suprised at a gig?? Read...

Here's what happened, i was hired to play a small graduation party this past Saturday, the host told me there would be only like 30 people. I told them it was the same price as a full fledged gig, they were fine with that. (my smallest system is 3000 watts ) But i figured that it would suck and no one would be dancing. Well turns out like over 100 people showed up and i threw a raging party in that basement. We went way later than i was supposed to play but i didn't care because i was just having fun. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Has that ever happened to anyone else? Stories?

I usually do 1-2 house parties a month for friends. They range from ragers to I wasted my time. 2 parties ago the night started out as it usually does, with the usual people and me spinning the usual stuff (I gig House/Electro but play everything at house parties). Around 11pm, a huge influx of people showed up who I had never met and I started to get requests for House/Electro. I ended up doing 4hrs of it and had the entire house going crazy. Everywhere I looked, there were people dancing. One of the best parties I've ever done and I thought it was going to be just a regular kind of night so I was pleasantly surprised.

Tech Mentor

Two weeks ago some friends and I went to some random guys house and the few of us were grooving to the music on Pandora, and I had my lights still in my trunk from a gig the night before, so I hooked them up and it was pretty fun.
    The guy called me on Monday and asked me to do a house party on Friday. I thought that with only four nights to invite people that no one would show up and it would be dead, but we filled the whole house, with people dancing and going crazy all night!
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    Here's what happened, i was hired to play a small graduation party this past Saturday, the host told me there would be only like 30 people. I told them it was the same price as a full fledged gig, they were fine with that. (my smallest system is 3000 watts ) But i figured that it would suck and no one would be dancing. Well turns out like over 100 people showed up and i threw a raging party in that basement. We went way later than i was supposed to play but i didn't care because i was just having fun. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Has that ever happened to anyone else? Stories?
    Same thing happened to me last year, Only I just have two 550 watt powered speakers!
    so yes!

Lol the hosts were super sorry and offered to pay me more haha I said hell no, I'm just having fun at this point lol

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    Lol the hosts were super sorry and offered to pay me more haha I said hell no, I'm just having fun at this point lol
    you should've said, "are you sure? I'd really appreciate that! definitely hit me up for your next party."
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Indeed, sounds way more professional