Second track Beta - need feedback!

Default Second track Beta - need feedback!

hey guys. so i've started my second song that will probably end up on the '87 ep (if i ever finish it?).

i'd love to know what you guys think of it as i did quite a bit of the work on the synths. i almost feel that it sounds a bit boys noize'y, but maybe it's just me.

any critiques, comments, suggestions would be rad

here's a link to the beta..
    http://bit.ly/10m4ID

I just listened and although electro is not what i usually listen to I would say that your work on the synths is very good, a bit loud for me sometimes but you can compress it a bit, maybe some sidechain compression would give the synth some nice breathing. Also i would suggest adding a simple bass line, just to have something on the lower end. Hope it helped, and if you have time take a listen to the last track I uploaded on soundcloud, is a different style but comments are always welcomed

Cheers!

Ok, I like this a lot. I could totally see the kids at the club get hyped when this is thrown down. It does have the Boyz Noize sound, but that is just the style of music you are going for. Maybe take the suggestion from alien and add a bass line. Just be sure to trim some of the synth's bass so that you mix doesn't become muddy.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

totally needs a bass line, but I can hear the funk comin through
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    Ok, I like this a lot. I could totally see the kids at the club get hyped when this is thrown down. It does have the Boyz Noize sound, but that is just the style of music you are going for. Maybe take the suggestion from alien and add a bass line. Just be sure to trim some of the synth's bass so that you mix doesn't become muddy.
    yeah i'm definintely needing to add a bassline, just hadn't got around to it since i literally spent a few weeks getting the three separate synths to sound nice with each other, no matter if one is playing, a combination of any two, or all three at once

what type of sound should i shoot for on the bassline? i was almost feeling a highly distorted slap bass with a low-pass filter or a notch filter running over it, but under the two compressors (TBK3 and Live's native compressor ). a bandpass filter could work well too if done right i guess?
    even though the distorted slap-bass sound is totally overdone, i think i can find a way to make it subtle enough (but still shine through properly) with a different touch. synth-work is one of my favorite things to do in production - probably why it takes me so long!

thanks for the comments guys! jared how've you been since we got hammered in the mission here in Frisco? hahaha that night was craziness.

ps - did i tell u that her purse was BROUGHT to her work with everything in it later in the week? crazy right?!
    Last edited by eightyseven; 09-03-2009 at 04:17 AM.